mandowntime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mandowntime

I've been looking for a way to change the mandowntime in SINGLEPLAYER without having to use the console but all I can find is ways to do it in multiplayer. Any suggestions? Also I would like to change the sprint speed. Cheers.

Re: mandowntime

Go to mods/bf2/settings open ServerSettings.con with notepad change the revive times and spawntime to 0 if you want turn FF off aswell save then make the file readonly (Right click it, Click properties tick read only then apply)

Comment

Sprint speeds are easy, what do you mean by mandontime? time before you die?

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Tasty View Post
        Sprint speeds are easy, what do you mean by mandontime? time before you die?
        Yea - I want to change the sprint speed and the time before the player comes back to life. Also - I already tried modifying the ServerSettings.con to change the mandowntime but it won't work in SINGLEPLAYER mode. I'd prefer not to use the console every time.

Comment

set the file to Read ONLY, the game is then forced to not edit it back. it works for me and i only play SP lol

Comment

Still not working..
            OK here's what I did: I went to Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Settings and opened ServerSettings.con, I then changed sv.spawnTime to 1 and sv.manDownTime to 1. I then saved the file, right clicked on it, properties, checked "read only", hit OK and started the game. Nothing changed! "15 seconds" was there during the load screen and it was also in effect during gameplay on SINGLEPLAYER. What am I missing??

Comment

try and change ClientSettings.con also, if that dont work just make a Local game, join the game with you desired settings, quit and make a SP match, and wallah that should work, its the trick for LAN bot games and it works like a charm for me

Comment

Er.... heh.. Problem solved.. I was supposed to change the ServerSettings in the MyDocuments folder, not in the program files folder.. Works now..

Comment

Packaging your mod is also a good idea.

Comment

Working...
                  X