Joystick technical difficulties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joystick technical difficulties

Lately I've been having endless problems with my joystick. When I get into BF2 and start flying, I will invariably automatically roll or rudder to the right or left. Restarting my PC doesn't help, unplugging and replugging my joystick has no effect, recalibrating doesn't do anything.

I know 100% for sure that there is nothing wrong with my joystick, as I've been playing a lot of flight simulators and it works flawlessly. When I try to play BF2, though, I often need to keep the rudder held all the way to the right just to be able to fly straight :shakehead: It really makes it completely unenjoyable to fly.

Has anybody else experienced this problem? How did you fix it? I can't figure out what causes it or how to do anything about it.

Re: Joystick technical difficulties

Make sure your mouse ISNT assigned for flight in the keyboard options/

Comment

It isn't as far as I can tell. No functions are assigned to it.

Comment

hmm maybe just try setting up your joystick in BF2 again. Having the mouse assigned in the options instead of my joystick is the only thing thats ever done what you described.

Comment

Does your joystick use any drivers ?

Comment

What do you mean exactly when you say you "had the mouse assigned". Is there somewhere that you can choose what input device you want to use? Because all I see is the list of functions that you can assign keys to.

I have a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro - I don't think it needs drivers, but I'm almost positive that the problem is not with the joystick. As I said, I've been using it almost constantly with other programs and it's worked flawlessly all along, until I start up BF2.

I've missed so many fun BF2 flying opportunities because of this :cry:

Comment

I dont remember the name of the options but go to the plane section of keyboard options and use your joystick to assign it to the proper options. Like roll right you would move your joystick to the right, throttle you would move your throttle, and so on..

Comment

Well I reset all the controls to default and then put them in again and now it's fixed.

Not sure why or how it was fixed, or what caused the problem in the first place. I suppose I should have tried resetting the controls earlier, but I don't see why it had any effect. Oh well, at least it works now! Thanks for the suggestions!

Comment

Working...
                X