need mod help, hope this isnt a burnt out question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need mod help, hope this isnt a burnt out question

I need help with BF2, I have made a personal mod for me and my friends to play via lan on coop, but everytime we try to join up, they cant connect due to the message, server only allows unmodified versions. I dont know what the deal is, I have exactly the same mod folders on all comps and it still throws the message, I dont know what the deal is, Any ideas.

Thanks, Corndog

Re: need mod help, hope this isnt a burnt out question

make the server unranked, take off the need for Punkbuster and make sure Neither of you who play Load punkbuster. make sure the server files have the same mod as yours.

i had the message "Sorry, but you can't play on this server as the server disalows modificated files, please Revert" meaning i had modded files because i modded my mod folder "BF2" instead of making a new one.

if what i said in my first paragraph doesnt work, just reinstall BF2 and copy the bf2 mod folder in that same mod folder and rename it to something like Cotk (corn on the kob - a corn thingy with a metal stick threw it cooked and coverd in butter, i fkin hate em...) then Modify that and never the BF2 mod folder as if you ever wanna play normally you'll need that there, it saves the pain of reinstalling...

Comment

i didnt know pb worked in LAN, if so how do I disable it. I made sure we both have the EXACT same files. I also have SF, EF,and AF installed. plus the 1.4 patch, dont know if that makes any major difference. but anyway, it works excellent in SP, and I can load in as server in lan. but then just wont allow anyone else to join even though theirs has the same mod. hope that helps.

Comment

if you have msn, add me so i can help you over there. my address is i.r.dan@hotmail.com

the only things i can posibly think of is.
        1. Either of you dont have the same patch version.
        2. Either of you dont have the same mod version - ie. you made a update after you gave him/her the mod.
        3. They had made a change in the mod without telling you. - ie. they changed something after you gave them the mod.

Comment

I dont have msn at the moment, I am in Iraq at the moment so downloading that will take a bit lol. But i will start it in a few minutes and it will be done when I wake up. I have to get to bed soon anyway. its almost 5 in the morning and I got to get ready for mission tomorrow. But I will be back on. Me and a few more of my buddies play BF2 in our spare time and I just modded it today and copied all the files to their comps. I am not new to modding just new to modding BF2 and it is driving me nuts. Anyway thanks for the advice so far, I will get an msn account set up and try to get back on in about 6 hours I should be back awake then. thanks, corndog

Comment

ok, add me on msn as soon as you get it i can help you with modding and other bf2 problems/questions that you might have

Comment

No problem will do, my net here sucks, I am trying to get my wife to download some mods for me from home where my net is ALOT faster and mail them to me here. BF2 is a great combat stress reliever.

Comment

you need to remove the content check reference files...

back up your copy of BF2 before editing just so you have a backup for when you play online and so forth, but in your lan copy of battlefield do a search for files with the MD5 file extension and delete them all.

eg in windows search i do a search of the battlefield 2 directory for *.md5 and delete all files it finds... there will be one in each of your level diectories, and also in your mods root directories.

make sure everyones copy of the mod has these files deleted and the content checking error will be will thing of the past

Comment

Thank you very much, that worked, perfectly, the mod is up and running now I am gonna do some final touches. thanks again. Corndog

Comment

Working...
                  X