product key

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• product key

hello i need to un install and reinstall BF2 but i've lost my booklet with the product key!! Does anyone know how to find out what it is???:hmm:

Re: product key

Theres a way to find it in your registry but im not exactly sure how. Use the forums search, its around here somewhere.

Comment

If you registered the game with EA and have an account, then you will be able to find it under the "my games" tab.

Comment

I just searched threw my entire BF2 registry but it seems they have changed the cd key in there to be encrypted. Basicly you cant get it from the registry, unless its something different with my version but i doubt it.

Comment

the only way u can get it is if u use system restore to the day u installed BF2 becuz when u installed BF2 it was at its version 1.0 and it wasnt until some other version that they started to encrypt cd keys....so hope for the best

Comment

Always, always, always make a backup of your product keys for all software. Either write it on the disc or put it in a file on the computer (and backed up to a CD) or both. You'll almost certainly not use the manual after the first few months so it will very likely get lost along with the CD case which some software keys are printed on.

If you don't have a system restore point and haven't registered your key with EA I believe you can get a new key if you can prove you own the game (or just by paying $10 or $20).

Comment

You can email EA and give them the number on the bottom of the disk you have then they will email you a new one.

Comment

Working...
              X