BF2 + Vista + SB X-Fi gamer = no VOIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 + Vista + SB X-Fi gamer = no VOIP

I can't make VOIP work under Vista. I'm not sure if it's Vista or the SB X-Fi Gamer I got (the little half-height one), but it just won't work. When I push the VOIP button, the little green speaker icon shows up on screen, but my squadmates can't hear me.

Has anyone gotten VOIP to work under Vista? Or is it my sound card? I'm running all the updates for BF2, Vista, and my sound card.

Using the VOIP setup utility, I can get the meter to register. But in game, under the Audio tab, nothing shows.

Any help? Will a USB mic work?

Thanks in advance!

Re: BF2 + Vista + SB X-Fi gamer = no VOIP

Enable mic boost in windows.

Comment

Where's this located at? I don't know where it is... I just got vista and my mic. isn't Working.

Comment

It happens to me all the time on certain servers. It is a bug. Try different servers such as Moongamers Strike at Karkand (IP: 64.34.180.20;port=default) where it works every single time for me. Check it out and report back.

Comment

MY problems are thesame as boombass.I just dont have the same mic. or Rig.

Comment

Its a vista and voip problem. Not XiFi.

I have an onboard realcrap (realtek), an sblive! and a usb headset.

Which gives me 3 audio sources from which to record.

I open up wave editor, and I can record my voice via usb headset, a $5 analog mic in the mic in of my onboard card, and the same mic works fine in my live card.

ALSO, voip works a dream with any one of the 3 sources on counter strike and everything else SOURCE (DOD, Half life2 DM etc).

BUT do you think I can get voicesetup to pick up any input from ANY of these devices??? No joy, no DICE. So since I've been on vista, no voip. Thanks DICE! :shakehead:

*Edit: I post a question. Who here HAS configured VOIP to run at all on Vista?

Installed openal, replaced the dll in bf2. This supposedly fixes eax issues (not that I'm having any)

Voip is still dead.

Reinstalled vista, no joy.

Comment

Works 90% for me When I try to use the mic test on the BF2 settings screen, nothing happens. However, the people in my squads can hear me fine. Try it ingame. Are you pushing the right button for PTT?

Comment

ptt? Also i won't let me Check Mic. boost in-game!

Comment

Working...
                X