Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BF2 makes second in the gamefaqs top ten list for today (7/26)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 makes second in the gamefaqs top ten list for today (7/26)

Just read on:

P.S. I just posted this to see the community's reaction.

Re: BF2 makes second in the gamefaqs top ten list for today (7/26)

I spose its so epic because its going to last for a while

Comment

I don't really like the list, but bf2 is in the right spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Stemnin View Post
        I don't really like the list, but bf2 is in the right spot.
        Same, with the exception of CoD2.

Comment

yeah those games prob shouldnt be on an epic list. there are tons of other games that are alot better

Comment

Yea the list itself sucks, but bf2 is in its rightfull spot lol

Comment

That list is awesome for 3 reasons: Age of Empires II, Total War, and Battlefield.

Comment

Its hard to compare games from diffrent times but im glad BF2 got on there. IM a bit confused how CoH got #1??? Its not even on Xfires top 10 and its a year younger then battlefield.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertFalcon View Post
                  Its hard to compare games from diffrent times but im glad BF2 got on there. IM a bit confused how CoH got #1??? Its not even on Xfires top 10 and its a year younger then battlefield.
                  Not sure either, RTS game seems to get alot of awards, and high ranks on list. Yet so few players compared to FPS/MMO. Although im not an RTS player, CoH doesnt look bad at all, gonna have to give it a try.

Comment

its not that CoH is bad its that it has a much smaller fanbase and has been out ashorter time compared to BF2 yet it got the #1 spot. I would of put it #8. AoE should be abit further up like #6 along with 1942 that game was epic and it did not need a stats system to keep an auidence.

Comment

Rifk, BF2 should be like on the 8th position or something. Nothing epic here.
                      I agree with CoH and Rome, those games have some truly epic battles.
                      It`s not about popularity, it`s about the epic factor.

The list sucks though, looks like he has only played games that have gazillion ads on gamespot and ign.

Comment

BF2 should be ahead of CoH no question, you want an Epic RTS play AoE2 that was the best RTS ever more people on the field and you can build up your economy without having to control scatered portions of the map. CoH is not even that new the gameplay is about the same as the battles in Star wars: empire at war just moved into WW2 times.

Comment

How is BF2 not epic? It has an amazing battlefield aspect with everything you can do and most of all the 64 players for huge fights so it feels more like a war then a deathmatch!

Comment

There is nothing like making a Carrier group with Ion Beam frigates, Hive Frigates, Destroyers and the.. Dreadnaught against the Beast Mothership, so awesome at times, watching all those missiles, guns, ions and repulsors on screen, on a freaking pentium 2 lol!

I once decided to use only Frigates and Fighters when I first started playing, big mistake when the Beast takes all your ships and turns them on you!

Comment

the list is pretty good, except for the fact that dawn of war shouldn't be on that list, and starcraft almost definitely should be. Now that was epic.

Morrowind and Oblivion are interchangeable in that slot -- personally I found oblivion much more "epic" because it felt more involved, although Morrowind did have a number of breakthrough mechanics and sizing that was definitely epic for its time.

Age of Empires 2 and Total War definitely belong on this list, that's good placement.

I find it highly questionable, even irresponsible, to put Half Life 2 anywhere except the top three in this list. In fact, I don't think Halo belongs here -- in terms of epic proportions, I never felt Halo met the level of immersion I like in games that could qualify it as epic. Call of Duty 2 did, however, I like that selection.

Company of Heroes is arguable. It's a good selection, and it is certainly competition for this list, but there are definitely games that belong here instead. I personally liked Empire at War better, and it felt much more epic than CoH. Remember the criteria is "epicness." In that vein, some of the old Lucasarts games absolutely belong here. Where the hell is X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter??? The greatest space combat of all time. I struggle to think of anything that felt more epic than taking on the Empire.

I can go on. There's more of course (ahem, Fallout, excuse me, bloody Zelda for god's sakes), but I'm already wearing my pajamas.

Comment

Working...
                              X