need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help

about 5 minutes ago, I was about to go play some BF2 but as soon as I join the game the sound repeats itself and then my PC restarts itself. I havent had a problem at all with my PC up until today, when I went to the event viewer it said:

"The Nvidia Display Driver Service terminated unexpectedly" My PC has restarted itself twice now :/

also now when I start up BF2, there is a red border around the screen?

Re: need help

Sounds like its a driver conflict between your video drivers, and something else. Have you installed any drivers for anything else lately? A system restore to when it last worked should solve your problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper1432 View Post
      also now when I start up BF2, there is a red border around the screen?
      ive had that since the day i got bf2, i thought it was normal

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy42000 View Post
        Sounds like its a driver conflict between your video drivers, and something else. Have you installed any drivers for anything else lately? A system restore to when it last worked should solve your problem.
        I reinstalled my drivers, still restarts after a few minutes of play. the only thing that I changed was I installed razer drivers for my mouse yesterday.

Comment

You get the red line when you choose one of the settings from nvidia cp. If you have sfr, afr, afr2 on that could do it. Change BF2.exe to default or you might need to reinstall the latest drivers.

Comment

well I'm at a loss, I don't know what to do

Comment

Sniper, as i stated above its a driver conflict. This means that your video card drivers are having problems with your new mouse drivers witch causes the restart because it crashes your system. Reinstalling will not help, ive never had this problem so i have no idea how its fixed. But you will have to uninstall your new mouse drivers for it to work. Try google to find a fix, or a pc help forums.

Comment

ah I just got rid of the mouse drivers and it works now thank ya

Comment

No problem, glad you got it going!

Comment

Working...
                  X