Please Help!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help!!!!!

OK I can't get this to open, I've installed everything, it took about 2 hours to install all the patches and stuff, once it was done I had about 4 shortcuts on my desktop. When I try to open it, a small logo screen comes up then nothing else loads.

Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium

This is what's installed

Please help :cry: :cry:

The game looks so amazing, please can someone help, i will be a good member on the forum and stuff too, i bought the game today after saving up and now that its not working its really depressing, please someone tell me to edit a few files or something :cry:

please can someone help me, it really sucks cause over the last few weeks i been looking at youtube videos and been wanting to play and now i am stuck with a stupid 3 second logo when i double click it, sigh.

if you need anymore information that will be able to allow you to help me more just ask, i am watching this page

thanks

Re: Please Help!!!!!

rest of specs for that laptop would be helpful.

start-->run-->type "dxdiag" (no quotes) hit enter. paste results, leave out anything personally identifiable.

unfortunately, i'm guessing it's your video card.

edit, and isn't there a vista fix for running it as an administrator?

Comment

thanks i hope its not my video card

tried running as administrator, same thing happends

Comment

^ sorry.

maybe this will help you save some money:

Comment

what does this mean i dont undertsand?!

i can run the sims 2 and age of empires

isnt there a download patch or something

:cry:

Comment

"When Battlefield 2* game is launched, the splash screen is displayed and then the game exits to the desktop.

Intel is not aware of a fix or workaround for this issue. Contact the game manufacturer † for further updates, patches or support."

That means it doesn't work, intel doesn't know how to make it work, and since there aren't any more patches coming out from EA/DICE (that we know of...?), it will most likely never work.

the second link is to tell you which games work with no issue (green blob), which ones will work with some issues/workarounds (yellow blob) and which games won't work at all (red blob). you should consult this resource prior to purchasing another game to determine whether or not it will run on your laptop.

lots of people are having problems trying to run gpu-intensive games on that chipset:

google: intel 950 bf2

for more details.

Comment

I had that problem when I first got BF2, and for me at least, the problem was my video card. So that's what I'd guess yours is too.

Comment

so thats it then?
                sigh i dont know why i ****ing bother

Comment

yep...i think u can run battlefield 2142 with that card but u need some program to trick the game.

BF2 on the other hand wont work on any intel video cards even tho the GMA 940 is a decent card. that's it. im sure if there was a workaround, it wouldve been made well known maybe at least a few year ago becuz lots of ppl hve tried working around it, but nothing works

Comment

can anyone reccomend any games similar what i could use ?

is there a bf3 comming out soon maybe ?

Comment

Originally posted by olliestockton
                      sigh i dont know why i ****ing bother
                      i mean this in the nicest way possible, but you've got to do just a little homework before you spend your hard-earned money, or you'll be dissapointed. next time, if you don't see your graphics card/integrated chipset under "minimum system requirements" on the box or under "supported hardware" on the game publishers website, then it would be very wise to come to a forum like this and ask your question *before* you lay down about half a c-note, or just google:

____________ _______________ (your laptop model) (the game you're considering buying)

Originally posted by olliestockton View Post
                      can anyone reccomend any games similar what i could use ?
                      that quote about not bothering...i'm starting to understand.

(^^^!!!)

no BF3 yet that i'm aware of.

Comment

Here's what I'd suggest before getting a game you're not sure you can run. Go here http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest, find the game you'd like to buy, and test to see if you can run it, and if so, how well. That can save you some frusturation,and some money.

As for BF3, the next Battlefield game is Bad Company, but that comes out soemtime in '08 I belive.

Comment

I'm having same problem,the splash screen comes up then back to desktop.The game was running great when i first bought it.Then i hadn't played in about 5 months.So today put disk in,then went to splash then back to desktop.So uninstalled,then reinstalled game and patch 1.4 and1.41 then eve of destruction and it's doing the same.Do you have to reboot after every patch?...I only rebooted after intalling from disks.

P4 3.0
                          Ram - 1 gig
                          Video Card - ATI x1300pro 256 agp
                          Sound Card - Xfi Extreme Music

Comment

Disk scratched?

Comment

A little from running in the drive..maybe.

Comment

Working...
                              X