Comment

Re: inevitable next patch???????????

Originally posted by LightBred View Post
      its not. let it go.

*prays for lock*
      ^Past High School & College with Straight A's:salute:

Comment

Most likely there will not be one but you cant be sure with EA.

Comment

I hope never. I'm tired of having to search for patches every few months because I can't play my game anymore.

Comment

I doubt it, they're too preoccupied with 2142 and its bugs, not to mention Crysis this year.

Comment

Dice is probably working on the next game in the series. 2142 is a flop it fell out of Xfires top 10 long ago while BF2 has been in there since it was realesed.

Comment

i hope they just release one final patch. the main issues are well known such as claymore and j10 and they should def be easy to fix. other than that, the game has been pretty stable for me

Comment

If they do patch again it'll be part of an expansion you must pay for.

Comment

Good to see the 2142 haters are still going strong.

Have you actually played the game? It's quite good FYI. Well if you like to whore the jet or helo you won't be impressed, but the infantry combat is leaps and bounds above and beyond BF2 (no insta-prone nonsense for example). I'm not trying to hijack the thread, but if you haven't played the game (not the demo or beta mind you) then you're really not qualified to bash it.

As for patches for BF2 I doubt it, but I do wish they would make a patch that included Highway Tampa just to force everyone to download it. We tried to run it in our rotation and the server kept dying off every time that map loaded so we had to take it off. A mandatory patch would fix the problem IMO but I don't know that I would want anything else touched out of fear of creating new problems. Many things still need tweaking, but I'm sure that more things would get broken than fixed.

Comment

I highly doubt there'll be another patch. Even if one does get released, it'll jump split the community even more -.-"

Why couldn't they just include some kind of mandatory auto-patch system that doesn't allow you to play unless you patch? (Like Halo PC)

Comment

They already officially said they stopped patching it.

Comment

Working...
                        X