Alternative Mod Ranking system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternative Mod Ranking system

Hello all. I just wanted to let everyone know about a new ranking system for mod servers that I just found out. It's called the Alternative Mod Ranking system. What makes this system unique over POEStats and ABR is that it allows player's stats to be tracked over multiple mods instead of being restricted only to one. This means if you rank up in an EOD2 server running AMR and then you join a POE2 server running AMR, your new rank will show up in POE2. The ranking is based on EA's official ranking system with ranks and awards having similar criteria. Right now AMR only supports EOD 2 and POE 2, but more mods are planned, including USI and OPK, both of which are close to new releases that will bring these underplayed mods into the spotlight.

Since finding out about this system, I've set up a POE 2 server on the AMR system. I am just waiting for my GCP to finish the set up. If anyone else is interested in a US based AMR server for any of the mods supported by AMR, go to the Wolf Servers website and let them know. If there's enough interest, they may set up a special dedicated box. just for AMR.

Re: Alternative Mod Ranking system

I have a simular setup for Desert-Conflict!

You can get more info here:
    DCON Stats Forums

See Ranks here:
    http://FPSFIX.COM

Comment

Originally posted by masterx View Post
      I have a simular setup for Desert-Conflict!

You can get more info here:
      DCON Stats Forums

See Ranks here:
      http://FPSFIX.COM
      That's fine if you just want stats for dcon, but with AMR, your rank and awards works on all mods supported by the system.

Comment

yeh with the mods being so very different i would rather have stats reflect the skills in a given mod rather than a random compilation from them all....

but in any case that system does not include DCON so i am happy for us both because ATM i think things are on the plus for us both. Desert Conflict is very different from all other mods just by trade of the different gameplaymodes, so it would alter the scale of other mods stats,
        and they would do the same to dcons.

on another note, Kinsman and myself have created a modified setup of python for the gameservers so that you can stream to 2 stats backends simultaneously, so a clan can have there own stats tracking pages, and also be a part of a central system like mine!
        just some simple rewrites in the section for handling backups of snapshots.....

Comment

yeh with the mods being so very different i would rather have stats reflect the skills in a given mod rather than a random compilation from them all....

but in any case that system does not include DCON so i am happy for us both because ATM i think things are on the plus for us both. Desert Conflict is very different from all other mods just by trade of the different gameplaymodes, so it would alter the scale of other mods stats,
          and they would do the same to dcons.

on another note, Kinsman and myself have created a modified setup of python for the gameservers so that you can stream to 2 stats backends simultaneously, so a clan can have there own stats tracking pages, and also be a part of a central system like mine!
          just some simple rewrites in the section for handling backups of snapshots.....
          Yeah, if you want to have your own post advertising your stats system, please start your own thread, don't hijack mine!

BTW - You never know, they may add Dcon to their supported mods one day!

Comment

hopefully not, it would serve to confuse players with there being more then 1 logging center for a mod

and as far as Hyjacking your advertising thread! well i didnt know it was just advertising, because you neglected to put in ANY links or banners to the said system as well as localization info and such.....

just some constructive criticizm....

Comment

hopefully not, it would serve to confuse players with there being more then 1 logging center for a mod

and as far as Hyjacking your advertising thread! well i didnt know it was just advertising, because you neglected to put in ANY links or banners to the said system as well as localization info and such.....

just some constructive criticizm....
              Actually, there IS a link in the original post to the homepage for the system.

POE 2 uses POEStats, but AMR also supports that mod. They are planing on adding OPK and USI as well, since those mods are close to a new release. Right now it only supports POE 2 and EOD 2. It's a nice system because it'll be like EA's official ranking system, where you can play vBF2, AF, EF, SF and get the same awards/rank through all of them. Individual ranking systems for each mod is ok, but I prefer this system.

The FLOT POE 2 AMR server is now up and running, BTW:

Comment

Cool stuff, sounds like a pretty sound system. Though I'm not a fan of stats so I doubt I'll get much use out of it

Comment

Although a lot of players in PR don't care much for stats, they do help in some cases to explore PR players histories, especially where clans are concerned!

Admittedly, integrating mods into the same stats system would be problematic with cumulitative builds and would require the devs to sit down and agree on a common scoring system. The prospect of doing that would be like dealing with the EU's redtape and most people would shy away!

Comment

Originally posted by [R-PUB]MrD View Post
                    Although a lot of players in PR don't care much for stats, they do help in some cases to explore PR players histories, especially where clans are concerned!

Admittedly, integrating mods into the same stats system would be problematic with cumulitative builds and would require the devs to sit down and agree on a common scoring system. The prospect of doing that would be like dealing with the EU's redtape and most people would shy away!
                    I doubt there would be any sit down. The system uses basically the same requirements as EA's official stats system. Capturing points, killing the enemy, etc all are worth the same, no matter what mod you're playing in this scoring system. PR probably would be a little more complicated due to the fact that PR almost isn't even BF2 anymore. It's a dramatically changed game from vBF2 so it probably wouldn't fit into AMR's system. I suppose it might take into account special conditions of each mod, like completing objectives other than flag captures (destroying cache's in PR's Insurgency mode), etc, but I'm not real certian about that.

This system isn't affiliated with any specific mods and as far as I can tell, requires no input from the mod teams. It mearly takes the data from each mod and feeds it into the scoring system. No collaboration is required with the modders as far as I can tell.

This is all information I have gleamed about the system so far so I could be off on some points.

Comment

there is a file called constants.py that is how bf2 knows what events give what ammount of points and such, this file varies from mod to mod based on thre weighing on different events, dcons CTF flag captures show up as CP takeovers if you use it with bf2s system, and there are more simular issues to that, you can can a flag in ctf, thats 6 points, on bf2s scale its only 2, so there is just 1 example of an inequality....

Comment

there is a file called constants.py that is how bf2 knows what events give what ammount of points and such, this file varies from mod to mod based on thre weighing on different events, dcons CTF flag captures show up as CP takeovers if you use it with bf2s system, and there are more simular issues to that, you can can a flag in ctf, thats 6 points, on bf2s scale its only 2, so there is just 1 example of an inequality....
                        The AMR stats system doesn't compute a composite number, AFAIK.
                        It has totals for *each* mod...separately.

When I went to their page, I had to click on whether I wanted to read stats for PoE2 or EoD2. So while I understand your concerns, they aren't necessary in the way this is set up. Each mod has its own ranking system and they don't cross over into each other. This is not like EA's in that vanilla and SF are calculated into a global number...you will have a PoE2 global total, an EoD2 global total, and a PR one.

It's similar to ABR's world system in that respect, which many PR servers do participate in.

Comment

ok so all they did is create duplicate tables for each mod and rewrite the php that detects the mod the snapshot it from to add a special prefix and/or send it to a seprate DB, maybe in the future i would do something simular but DCON is my game right now........

Comment

As far as I know, when you select each mod on their page, it shows your stats individually from each mod, but as you play each mod, your points go up through all the mods. It's an odd way to do it, but I guess they have their reasons. So if you only play POE 2 on AMR servers and rank up to Sgt, when you go to play on an EOD 2 AMR server, you will be a sgt.

Comment

Working...
                            X