Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Ping in BF2

Hi All,

Advice needed please. I used to be with Tiscali on 2MB connection and my ping online was always around 35 to 40 which was great for gaming. I moved to Sky 8MB and my ping is now around 150 which is just a waste of time. I intend to kick Sky BB into touch but would like any recommendations on which ISP would give me back my low ping other than Tiscali??

Many thanks

Re: High Ping in BF2

Have you made sure that nothing is updating/downloading on your PC or any other PC in your house?

Comment

Yeah checked all that, I've done numerous Tracerts and the ping times and hops are just ridiculous. Also I have quite a few systems in the house with different OSon them and all pings are slow. I really think its just a problem with Sky BB not supporting gamers at all. They ust seem to be interested in people who surf the net etc.

At the moment I'm thinking about switching to Plus net after lots of recommendations off people.

Comment

You are playing on the same serves yes? Ping down have much to do with speed once you get past ADSL speeds, its more about how close/far you are from a server. Even on a 100GB/s connection you will have **** pings to some servers, its just a fact of live, it takes time for electricity to travel around the world (yes even at the speed of light )

Comment

Working...
        X