Maya 8.5 Help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maya 8.5 Help.

I've just got Maya 8.5. I'm making a Bullet animation for my friend. It's going to have a Matrix Effect (Slow mo) Sort of things. Maybe emit some blood here and there.

I just need help making the bullet. Thats all, I've tried to google some VERY basic stuff but can't find it. Xfire = Sn1perkitten

Re: Maya 8.5 Help.

There is a slow bullet mod out already

Comment

bullets are easy, just make a hollow tube, at one end close it up , on the other make it pointy, kind of. UV wrapping and skinning it will give it the details, but the model should be good with about 100'ish polygons for a decent one, i would give you my bullet files but my bullets suck, im not that good of a modeler but know what a bullet looks like xD

Comment

A bullet should be nowhere near 100 polys, well the ones that come out of the guns.

Comment

a highly detailed bullet for the Render of it...but yeh i agree, shooting 150 100polys a minute is lag heaven

Comment

I wouldt go anywhere past 10 polys for a bullet or as dudbomb pointed out - lag

Comment

a bullet for a kinda matrix mod/movie thing could be about 20-25 as you just need one for the rear, the tip is about 10 depending how well you do it, and the body could be very smooth = more poly's or a chunky block = less,

im gonna make some bullets later in 3d's max and see what i come up with.

Comment

Working...
              X