Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

low ping, but it freezes and says there is a problem with my connection.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• low ping, but it freezes and says there is a problem with my connection.

I usually play on UK servers and have a average ping of 30-50, the problem is that the game freezes and says there is a problem with my connection, then after a few seconds it gos back to normal. At the mo I have 2gig ram, 256mb graph card, pentium 3, soon to be upgraded to dual core athlon 6000, nvidia 8800 gtx, 2 gig ram, 320 gig hardrive. Now i dont know if its my current system causing the problem OR my wireless internet. Any ideas will be greatly accepted.

Re: low ping, but it freezes and says there is a problem with my connection.

most likely your wireless internet, have you contacted your ISP? is BF2 being firewalled??

Comment

what do u mean? do u mean its not faster enough or i should be connected by a cable?

Comment

not sure, its hard to say but it's not a rig problem.

Comment

wtf pentium 3? lol

and yeah its probably ur wireless connection but it can also be the game or server becuz i sometiems get these freezes ur talking about and i have decent wired internet.

Comment

I will try to connect via a cable, should help.

Comment

It could be wireless or it could be a punkbuster thing, try updating it manually. Also try a cable and see if it works, make sure there isnt a firewall blocking BF2 at all and that you have a good signal/that it doesnt drop in and out.

Comment

Working...
              X