Servers need to fix their auto warnings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Servers need to fix their auto warnings

Funny how servers, or maybe admins, are getting out of control.
    Old Farts of America, anyone knows ?

I was prone for 10 mins, sniping and defending my team as they approach the flag when a sudden warning in big capital letters said 'WARNING! myself-44 (my bf2 nick), you're not a rabbit, stop bunnyhopping!'
    I was like "....hum.. guy this is pathetic, why it tells me to stop bunyhoping when I hadn't move an inch?"
    A admin just answered "shut up and leave if you're not happy' then sec later "You were kicked to make room for an admin'.
    Yea right, I was leading in the top 5 of my team, part of a 6 men squad, aren't you supposed to kicked the lowest lone wolf first to make room ?

Anyway, excluding the fact I've also been kicked for saying the word 'line', Im gotta like this kind of server

Oh actually, just checked, they didnt kicked me; thay banned me. haha :P

Re: Servers need to fix their auto warnings

there something funny i would like to share too.

i have been kicked from this server for the exact same reason, ur not a rabbit and bla bla bla.

whats wrong with them? not cause i was leading my team with 7x pionts they kicked me for bunny hopping? yea right... L2Play imo

Comment

prolly was shooting at someone else who was bunny hoppy and got pwned by you and figured you werre the bunny hopper and wanted to kick you becuase you owned his n00b a55 so hardcore.

Eitherway his buttons got pressed and he abused his admin powers, yet another sad but true story.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayflower View Post
        Funny how servers, or maybe admins, are getting out of control.
        Old Farts of America, anyone knows ?

I was prone for 10 mins, sniping and defending my team as they approach the flag when a sudden warning in big capital letters said 'WARNING! myself-44 (my bf2 nick), you're not a rabbit, stop bunnyhopping!'
        I was like "....hum.. guy this is pathetic, why it tells me to stop bunyhoping when I hadn't move an inch?"
        A admin just answered "shut up and leave if you're not happy' then sec later "You were kicked to make room for an admin'.
        Yea right, I was leading in the top 5 of my team, part of a 6 men squad, aren't you supposed to kicked the lowest lone wolf first to make room ?

Anyway, excluding the fact I've also been kicked for saying the word 'line', Im gotta like this kind of server

Oh actually, just checked, they didnt kicked me; thay banned me. haha :P
        Well old farts has a stupid habit of kicking bunny hoppers, but I can guess that they probably got the name wrong, and whoever was bunny hopping had a similar name to yours and therefore you got warned.

When you do remote admin warnings you can use partial name and therefore you got warned for something that someone else has done. But honestly they usually only kick people on the other team for bunny hopping, I have been on that server, and in general they are pretty lame. No loss to be banned from there in my opinion.

Comment

I've found Old Farts to be rather picky and stupid across a couple of games.

They were even worse in DoD; constantly crying and banning for every tiny little thing. They like to feel like they're in control...compensating from some other place in their lives.

Comment

I like the rules they have on old farts I just dont like the admins who seem to make up rules on the spot.

Comment

I think it was that server, ...I saw a guy duck down behind a wall after he saw me. I ran up, jumped over the wall, went prone, and killed him. He then kicked me for bunny-hopping. I didn't go back in, and come to think of it, its been awhile since I have been in that server.

Comment

Originally posted by (TM)KillJoy
                I think it was that server, ...I saw a guy duck down behind a wall after he saw me. I ran up, jumped over the wall, went prone, and killed him. He then kicked me for bunny-hopping. I didn't go back in, and come to think of it, its been awhile since I have been in that server.
                lol, sounds like them, a stupid interpretation of a rule so that he could kick you, really dumb, I suppose you were supposed to run around the sandbags, maybe fire a warning shot over his head and allow him to perhaps surrender before killing him.

Comment

Originally posted by BadLizzard View Post
                  lol, sounds like them, a stupid interpretation of a rule so that he could kick you, really dumb, I suppose you were supposed to run around the sandbags, maybe fire a warning shot over his head and allow him to perhaps surrender before killing him.
                  that sounds fair to me:laugh: :laugh:

Comment

This is why you shouldnt hop into random servers. Find one nice good pinged server, with rules you can handle, and become a regular there. Than you wont get those smacktard admin attacks.

the only servers i play on are FullContactWar and my clans server... i know of all the rules and i never get kicked.

Comment

These guys cant be any worse than Digital Anarchy.

Anyone ever tried playing on these servers?

You get into any air vehicle, and you'll either be instantly kicked/banned, or if its a choppers and you get gunner, theyll suicide crash about 20 ft from the landing pad and eject before they blow up.

Sad little pricks.

Comment

hey, i got banned from OFOA many months ago, why, for attacking the uncaps, when i was afk.

hmm

Comment

I played on a stupid server the other day, can't remember the name but it was French. Server rules were in french, but there were on or two things I wasn't sure of because they were abbreviated. There was all the usual "no arty on uncaps, to TK for vehicles"...however it turned out they'd also included "No claymores in cap areas" and "No mines in cap areas".

My friends queried this and was told "Claymores are to protect the sniper"...I can just about cope with that, but no mines in cap areas is stupid..you might as well say "no shooting in cap areas". He then got kicked, ostensibly for "laying mines in cap area", but I think it was actually for saying "Don't go getting all French on my ***" with regards to their apparent dislike of weaponry

Comment

There is only one server that has a crapload of rules that I play on (no attacking uncaps, no hotseating, no hopping) - thats a crapload for me, but I get along with the guys and occasionally sneak in some hot seating action. My clanmates though blatantly break the rules, I tell the admins to kick em lol (most of them are banned haha).

Comment

Originally posted by BadLizzard View Post
                              When you do remote admin warnings you can use partial name and therefore you got warned for something that someone else has done. But honestly they usually only kick people on the other team for bunny hopping, I have been on that server, and in general they are pretty lame. No loss to be banned from there in my opinion.
                              When you warn or kick or ban a partial name match if BF2CC finds two instances of that partial name then no action is taken. For example if me (VT_NERD) and some made up player name, VT_Hokies_Rule were both in a server and the admin typed "!w VT warning message here" then no message would show up because there are two instances of "VT" and the server doesn't know which one to warn. The admin would have to type "!w *VT* warning message here" but then duplicate warning messages would flood the top of the screen for every player with "VT" in their name somewhere.

As a side note, I've known "The Old Farts" to run a good 2142 server and I hope you're not talking about them.

Comment

Working...
                              X