BF2 simply won't start up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 simply won't start up

I played BF2 for about 3 hours yesterday flawlessly.

I have not installed any mods or anything that could have possibly affected BF2...wait... I haven't installed anything at all.

Today I click on the icon that I click on every day and BF2 just doesn't startup.

It flashes to the startup picture, screen goes black...stays black and then back to the desktop.

:shakehead:

Re: BF2 simply won't start up

mine was doing that today as well, i attributed it to changing vid cards and drivers so i reinstalled bf2 completely and now it runs again.
    weird? , it started just as you say yours did i was playing last night fine.

Comment

Empty out the cache in your My Documents folder, then try it again. If that doesn't fix it then reinstalling is your only option.

Comment

this happened to me a couple of months back. i ended up having to reinstall. it sucked.

Comment

did you mess with your video card at all? Try reinstalling.

Comment

it's happened to me before.

That's why I backup BF2 now.
            Reinstall

Comment

I had that after video driver update once.
              Reverted back to old drivers and it worked again.

p.s.-all the new Nvidia drivers were unable tio work with my AMD Chipset... bought a new motherboard. Pfft

p.s.+ post this in tech not discussion pls

Comment

Originally posted by DesertFalcon View Post
                did you mess with your video card at all? Try reinstalling.
                I didn't change one thing in regards to my configuration.

Here's a timeline:

Yesterday:

6:00PM > BF2 starts up fine, Ahab proceeds to play gleefully for three hours.

9:00PM > Ahab gets off the computer, pursues social life (or lack thereof) at local bar with friends.

Today:

12:30PM > Hung over Ahab crawls to the computer to play BF2 only to find that it won't start up.

It appears that I'm not the only one with this problem, oh and how does one clear the 'my documents' cache? Is this done by using the disk cleanup tool?

thx

Comment

Originally posted by Ahab~Ahab View Post
                  I didn't change one thing in regards to my configuration.

Here's a timeline:

Yesterday:

6:00PM > BF2 starts up fine, Ahab proceeds to play gleefully for three hours.

9:00PM > Ahab gets off the computer, pursues social life (or lack thereof) at local bar with friends.

Today:

12:30PM > Hung over Ahab crawls to the computer to play BF2 only to find that it won't start up.

It appears that I'm not the only one with this problem, oh and how does one clear the 'my documents' cache? Is this done by using the disk cleanup tool?

thx
                  LOL:laugh: :laugh: just try a reinstall man. For the cache go to my documents>BF2>mods>BF2>cache and delete it

Comment

this is what mine does, only everytime i turn my pc off i have the same problem.

reinstalling bf2 and its patch everyday is getting tiresome!

Comment

Working...
                    X