BF2 Crashing on Vista

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 Crashing on Vista

Every time I try to play BF2 the screen goes black just before the EA logo comes up and then it goes back to the desktop. It does this with the 1.41 patch. I can't find out what's wrong. I have Vista Ultimate and have tried running it as an administrator and it does the same thing. Any ideas?

Re: BF2 Crashing on Vista

Everyone is having problems with Vista, and apparently the best means of fixing them is to reinstall Windows on a different partition. Then, if you want to play BF2, boot into XP, and if you don't, boot into Vista.

Comment

Originally posted by alex98uk View Post
      Everyone is having problems with Vista.
      Not everyone, BF2 runs just fine here on Vista 64. If anything for me it runs better on Vista than on XP.

StiveMB make sure that you have the latest drivers you can find for all hardware.

Comment

Ugggggg damn Microsoft, I'm hoping I'll find some other way to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by Stormy{CAN} View Post
          Not everyone, BF2 runs just fine here on Vista 64. If anything for me it runs better on Vista than on XP.

StiveMB make sure that you have the latest drivers you can find for all hardware.
          You look back at Tech centre and BF2 support, and the majority of startup and ctd related problem threads are based on Vista. Coincident? I think not!

Comment

Originally posted by Stormy{CAN} View Post

Actually that could be the problem..........I went to the Nvidia page to try to get drivers and I actually couldn't find the ones to get for the GeForce GO 7600 and I'm not sure if I should get another driver for some other card or a software driver.

Comment

Ah, your on a laptop then? Could it be a specs problem?

Comment

Specs problem as in it can't handle it? I'm sure it can, my laptop is better than my regular computer and that runs BF2 fine with less ram and an older CPU.

Comment

yeah, looking at your specs, it should be fine. Have you tried simply reinstalling the game?

Comment

I have. I just went to the Nvidia site to find drivers and there is no option for the GeForce Go 7600, so should I get a Forceware driver or should I just go with the GeForce GO 7800 drivers? You'd think they'd make it a little more obvious, or I'm just being stupid.

Comment

Best place to get Nvidia Go/laptop drivers,

they have all of them with modded inf's so they will install on just about anything.

Comment

Ok so now I found forceware for Nvidia GeForce GO GPUS and theres a few options. Once again I have no clue which one to get.

Comment

Yea, my mate has a Go 7600, but they do not make drivers for them. We ever searched the interweb for modded versions, but found nothing. So dual booting XP/Vista is out of the question?

Comment

Yeeeeea kind of.....see I don't have a real copy of XP........

Comment

Give this one a try (best one for me so far on my 7600GT, but YMMV),

make sure to also download the modded inf. After downloading use something like Winrar to extract the downloaded driver file, and then copy and paste the modded inf into the extracted folder (over-writing the original). Then just run the Setup.exe in the extracted folder.

Comment

Working...
                              X