• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows cannot find BF2.exe

When i try to start up the game it says that

please help

Re: Windows cannot find BF2.exe

That's weird. Did you delete it? (I can't imagine any other reason the installer would create a shortcut pointing to the wrong location.)

Long, but thorough way (since I don't know your how high your computer skills are):
    1. Start-->Search
    2. Click All files and folders
    3. In the "All or part of the file name:" field, type BF2.exe
    4. Click Search

(The "Look in:" should already be defaulting to all your drives.)

If it's not found, you need to reinstall the game because you deleted it. (Maybe you just renamed it??)

If it is found, right-click on it and "Send to.." desktop.

Comment

the file is in the folder so i dont know why it wont start

Comment

Windows is telling you that it's not. If you know the file it there, then somehow you messed up the shortcut.

Just do as I said: right-click on the file and do a "Send to... Desktop." That will create a new shortcut. Run it to make sure it works. Then after that, you can later carefully copy the command-line parameters from your old shortcut to the new one. If it then stops working, then you are editing your parameters incorrectly. (Like, for instance, you are failing to put the program in quotes, not adding a space, etc.)

By the way, the "Target" in the shortcut's properties should look like the following:

"H:\games\BF2\bf2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +restart 1
        Change "H:\games\BF2" to match your installation directory, of course. In my case, the quotes are optional. And the "+restart 1" parameter is a parameter I add to skip the intro logo and movies.

Comment

Working...
        X