Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Does anyone shoot while standing?

Originally posted by Neptune View Post
    Ill have to disagree with you here brandis. While crouching, your head is the same size as it would be while prone. If you go prone, your not exposing your head any more than you are while crouching. But, proning has an advantage of making your body a smaller target, + the extra accuracy is a bonus.
    I will have to disagree with you. When you go prone, your head isn't any bigger, but it represents a bigger part of the enemies target. When you're crouched, the player can aim for the legs, torso, or head. When you go prone, the first thing they see is your head a some of your body.

I think there should be a slight delay in going prone (similar to standing up from the prone position). I don't think it should be similar to a simulator game. But I believe all games should give a positive and negative aspect to each game aspect. Too many fights (even at close range) end up in everyone going prone. I am guilty just like most people, but I would like the game to present more options.

Comment

Yeah I do a lot. Usually in Karkand in the alley way to the hotel.

Comment

Oh and BTW there is no delay going from prone -> standing/running, it's just that there is a delay from the time you can shoot.. like you can get up instantly, you just can't shoot for like a second. Just hit crouch to get up.

Comment

Originally posted by cwv_Odedge View Post
          I will have to disagree with you. When you go prone, your head isn't any bigger, but it represents a bigger part of the enemies target. When you're crouched, the player can aim for the legs, torso, or head. When you go prone, the first thing they see is your head a some of your body.

I think there should be a slight delay in going prone (similar to standing up from the prone position). I don't think it should be similar to a simulator game. But I believe all games should give a positive and negative aspect to each game aspect. Too many fights (even at close range) end up in everyone going prone. I am guilty just like most people, but I would like the game to present more options.
          so what? the body to head size ratio is smaller when your prone... that doesnt make it harder to kill someone thats crouching, in fact its easier. I always aim for the middle of the body mass, that means my first bullet will hit you in the chest and chances are one of the next few are going for your head.

if your aiming at someone thats prone, it will take more time to center your crosshairs on him.. yeah his head sticks out but chances are he will kill you before you can get a good shot off at his head.

Comment

Don't know about this game, but a crouching target in CS is a dead target.

Comment

Originally posted by metallicaguitrst View Post
              When you get better you will realize standing and crouching > prone

Only use prone for distance shots.. like really far

Otherwise CQC ALWAYS ALWAYS stand... never go prone... ever.

There's a thing called circle strafing where if the other ******* goes prone close up, you just run in circles around his body unzoomed and aim at his head/body while you're circling.. Same with going around corners... if you know someone is around a corner, line up level with where their head would be (basically you're looking straight and standing) and then pre-fire (start firing before you actually go around the corner, and then all you have to do is aim at them so you get lower reaction times.. etc etc
              circle strafing owns all in close quarters, certain maps are good for it with their tight spots, alot of this stuff seems to be made for karkand/sharqi since its mostly close combat. maps like mashtuur i will prone alot in since alot of firefights are from a large distance. also guns like the M16/Ak101 seem to be built for the non prone position, but obviously any support weapon blows goats while standing or even crouching at times, if i am to go prone in close firefights i am spamming stand so when i prone i get up right after the kill (for the most part) and not get raped from the side which always seems to happen, also prone = stuck prone bug too much, GG EA.

Comment

Originally posted by Neptune
                so what? the body to head size ratio is smaller when your prone... that doesnt make it harder to kill someone thats crouching, in fact its easier. I always aim for the middle of the body mass, that means my first bullet will hit you in the chest and chances are one of the next few are going for your head.

if your aiming at someone thats prone, it will take more time to center your crosshairs on him.. yeah his head sticks out but chances are he will kill you before you can get a good shot off at his head.
                If i haven't killed you by the 2nd burst and i'm crouched, i'll release crouch and hit prone, now i'm aiming straight at your head and your aiming at air

Works everytime.

Comment

Did you know Im in the top 700 with the granade launcher? Do you know why? Its because of all the people who want to go prone and become a larger target for the Granade launcher! So keep going prone and Ill keep useing the noob tube. Oh and thanks for the easy kills. . . . . . . . .Red

Comment

Originally posted by redrider View Post
                    Did you know Im in the top 700 with the granade launcher? Do you know why? Its because of all the people who want to go prone and become a larger target for the Granade launcher! So keep going prone and Ill keep useing the noob tube. Oh and thanks for the easy kills. . . . . . . . .Red
                    did you know i am in the top 400 in assault rifles/nade launcher/medic?
                    doesnt make us uber at the kit simply just a butload of kills and alot of time with it.

Comment

If you check the BF2 weapons chart you will find that different guns have WAY different deviations if you are Standing/Crounched/Prone

PKM 3/1.2/.8
                      G36E 1.3/1.2/1.1

Since I am using the Medics G36E going prone isnt really important. Aiming for the head, thats important.

Comment

Mostly crouch, but standing when in CQB

Comment

i shoot while standing and get kills, but most the time i crouch unless the target is really distant then prone all the way

Comment

It really depends on the gun

Comment

Originally posted by metallicaguitrst View Post
                              When you get better you will realize standing and crouching > prone

Only use prone for distance shots.. like really far

Otherwise CQC ALWAYS ALWAYS stand... never go prone... ever.

There's a thing called circle strafing where if the other ******* goes prone close up, you just run in circles around his body unzoomed and aim at his head/body while you're circling.. Same with going around corners... if you know someone is around a corner, line up level with where their head would be (basically you're looking straight and standing) and then pre-fire (start firing before you actually go around the corner, and then all you have to do is aim at them so you get lower reaction times.. etc etc
                              Circling is d4mn powerful, you just shot while circling and the opponent have small chances to survive. I gain that trick from SWAT 4, if you had a pistol and do circling, enemy with m4 always die first:laugh:

Comment

It depends on the situation for me, I rarely crouch though, I use the dao-12 and eryx/sraw and there's rarely any reason why I would crouch or go prone with those, just fire the sraw and your target is dead (if you know how to use it), sometimes I get killed in the process, but atleast I can get a revive, where the other guy can't.

In 2142 I crouch all the time, not much proning except when sniping, sometimes when i'm using the HMG.

Comment

Working...
                                X