Does anyone shoot while standing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone shoot while standing?

From my experience, the guns are absolutely useless if you were to shoot them while standing, and even worse if you were standing and moving. The only way to really hit anyone is by going prone, and only going prone. The G36E can hit while standing, but if you tried to walk while shooting, it's useless.

I hate the fact that you have to go prone if you want to get any kills. And even when you go prone, you have to stay still, otherwise the crosshairs will widen up and you'll miss every shot.
    I can see support guns needing to go prone, but other guns shouldn't. The only guns that are unaffected by standing/crouching/prone are the sniper rifles.

They should have made the game so the guns fire like on America's Army. You can be strafing or moving while firing, and still get some bullets to hit.

Re: Does anyone shoot while standing?

i shot g3 a lot while standing and killed. and other unlocks.

Comment

I do. A quick strafe, to crouch, back up, strafe to prone roll will own anyone you face. Or a dolphin dive fake out, jump and go prone but hit crouch as soon as you hit the ground. Strafe quickly to their side (standing) and fill them up with bullets.

Cheers

Comment

I do all the time in CQC.

Comment

insta-prone, it helps. Shooting while standing is a pretty lol thing to do in BF2.
          It has always puzzled me, did DICE even play the game or test it to see if the guns were alright.

I think BF2 is honestly the most unrealistic game, when it comes to real life weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by L3adCannon View Post
            insta-prone, it helps. Shooting while standing is a pretty lol thing to do in BF2.
            It has always puzzled me, did DICE even play the game or test it to see if the guns were alright.

I think BF2 is honestly the most unrealistic game, when it comes to real life weapons.
            That's exactly what I'm saying. Whenever I see an enemy, the first thing I do is go prone. Everybody else does the same. That's why I'm asking if anyone actually does stand/walk while shooting, because it's pretty pointless.

Comment

Crouch don't prone for 2 reasons.

There's hardly a difference between bullet spread in crouch and prone, if your proned they'll just headshot you.

If you prone and kill the guy your after, but someone else runs round the corner you can't do anything after standing up for around 1 second, any decent player would have killed you by then.

And you'd be surprised how accurate guns are when strafing and firing controlled bursts

Comment

Yep, crouching is the key, going prone just makes you a great target for a headshot.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth_Brandis View Post
                  Yep, crouching is the key, going prone just makes you a great target for a headshot.
                  Ill have to disagree with you here brandis. While crouching, your head is the same size as it would be while prone. If you go prone, your not exposing your head any more than you are while crouching. But, proning has an advantage of making your body a smaller target, + the extra accuracy is a bonus.

Comment

Yeah i kind of scratched my head after that post. Dont know what i was thinking.

Comment

I see more target when someone crouches, rather than going prone, so please keep doing that. When I come around a corner, see someone, and they go prone, I usually win if I walk sideways and fire. Prone or otherwise, its harder to hit a moving target. What I would advocate is to keep moving, until you see the 'right time' to go prone. By going prone, you trade mobility to gain a small amount of accuracy. It is really easy to get into the habit of immediately going prone, but I believe you will live longer if you stay mobile. To answer your question, yes, but not so much as 'stand and shoot' as, 'move and shoot'.

Comment

When you get better you will realize standing and crouching > prone

Only use prone for distance shots.. like really far

Otherwise CQC ALWAYS ALWAYS stand... never go prone... ever.

There's a thing called circle strafing where if the other ******* goes prone close up, you just run in circles around his body unzoomed and aim at his head/body while you're circling.. Same with going around corners... if you know someone is around a corner, line up level with where their head would be (basically you're looking straight and standing) and then pre-fire (start firing before you actually go around the corner, and then all you have to do is aim at them so you get lower reaction times.. etc etc

Comment

^He's pro. XD

Comment

I love doing a dolphin dive when sum1 is behind me and turning around in midair...it works everytime.
                            But If they would patch it so u have to wait two seconds between jumps and couldn't go prone unless you are actually ON the ground...that would rock.

Comment

Originally posted by eddyeddyd View Post
                              But If they would patch it so u have to wait two seconds between jumps and couldn't go prone unless you are actually ON the ground...that would rock.
                              If you're joking...that was stupid.

If you're serious...this is another reason people hate you.

Comment

Working...
                              X