• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• missing (invisible) ground textures

FIRST POST!

AMD Atlon 64 3000+
    1.81 Ghz, 2GB ram
    GeForce 7800 GS

I have been away from BF2 for several months. I used to play it without any issues on the same computer, but before I upgraded. Before, I had a GeForce 6600GT PCI-E and only 1G RAM. Since I upgraded, everytime I enter a game, my ground textures are invisible. I can see right thru the ground, and cannot make-out the layout of the terrain except for the grass and other objects. I have tried reinstalling BF2 with with the current patch. I have tried the latest video drivers, and even tried the last 3 that came out before the current one. None of this helped. I also cleared my cache. I've tried all the video settings from low to high but none of them solve my problem. I can ONLY see the ground texture for a few seconds after an explosion (by artillery, or grenade nearby) then it disappears again in a few seconds. I can also see the ground after I die for a split second (before I see the sky only). Can anyone help?

All high priority Winblows updates are installed.
    I have DX 9.0c installed.
    I've tried low, medium and high graphic settings.
    I've tried 800x600 all the way up to my native 1440x900.

All high priority Winblows updates are installed.
    I have DX 9.0c installed.
    I've tried low, medium and high graphic settings.
    I've tried 800x600 all the way up to my native 1440x900.

Re: missing (invisible) ground textures

It sounds as though it could be running too hot. Is there good airflow through your case?

Comment

My temps are fine. Once again, I only see the terrain when there is an explosion nearby. Strange.

Comment

Is it anything like this? I had this when i had my settings a little higher than usual. I think i enabled supersampling or something, when i went back to multisampling it was ok.

Comment

Yes, it is very much like that. But i have tried all settings with the same results.

Comment

It's an anti-aliasing bug matey.

You need to tick "Enhance the in-game AA setting" in the nVidia control panel. This problem happens when the in-game AA setting is set to "Off" and you are attempting to force AA through the driver. It also happens when forcing a high AA mode like 6xAA through drivers.

Comment

It could be the drivers though.

Comment

Sounds like HACKS!! Lol jp xD

Comment

Thank you to everyone for your kind responses, but I have decided to uninstall Battlefield 2. :salute:

Comment

Originally posted by athan73 View Post
                    Thank you to everyone for your kind responses, but I have decided to uninstall Battlefield 2. :salute:
                    Good fix. Glad you sorted that problem out.

Comment

Unfortunately, I was unable to resolve my issues before uninstalling. Thank you for the support in any case.

Comment

I have finally successfully reinstalled BF2, but STILL no ground textures

Comment

Working...
                        X