Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Battlefield 2's 1.41 Patch is not working. Need Serious Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield 2's 1.41 Patch is not working. Need Serious Help!

Everytime the 1.41 wizard opens up, it gives me an Error that the Cannot find Battlefield 2(TM) install folder.

i even check its myself and compared it with my friend. C: \Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2 should be the correct path.

Someone please help me out :salute:

Re: Battlefield 2's 1.41 Patch is not working. Need Serious Help!

I'm guessing it is corrupt. Can't you just download the patch again?

Comment

meh, ive downloaded it twice already thats why im asking for help.

Comment

yea im his friend, when i complete the wizard or whatever it says cannot find install folder then i push ok then it just dissappears i have spent an entire day trying to get this to work .

Additional info: My bf Delux edition box came with 5 cd's i did all the stuff with them and i currently have the disc 1 installer disk in my cd drive.

Comment

Yeah, I just asked the question for my friend, hes the one having the problem

Comment

Install BF2 to in different location may be annoying but it might work

Comment

Try cleanign the cds...

And then reinstall

Comment

did u download it from another site? or same site? i'd re-dowload it 3rd time to make sure from another site.

all else fails do the ole faithful, uninstall & reinstall your game.

Comment

ok how do i clean the cd's i think i know how but just wanna make sure...and i downloaded off battlefield.ea.com i think it was by large downloads. Ill proly just reinstall right now doesnt take to long

Comment

Start > Run > regedit > HKEY_Local_Machine > Software > Electronic Arts > EA Games > Battlefield 2 > Double Click " InstallDir " change the drive letter if the path is default.

in the window on the right,, right click > add > string value,, name it " InstallDir " , then double click it and in the Value box put " C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2 " change C to your drive letter,

you dont have to re-install,

Comment

ok i went to start run regedit hkey blah blah all the way up to ea games but i had battlefield 2 battle field 2 special forces and battlefield 2 demo and i only say InstallDir in the battlefield 2 demo one and i couldnt find it in battle field 2 so please help me total bf 2 community I WANT TO PLAY BF2! lol =3

PS:I can't uninstall bf 2 demo in add/remove programs dunno y

Comment

Originally posted by linkfreak View Post
                        ok i went to start run regedit hkey blah blah all the way up to ea games but i had battlefield 2 battle field 2 special forces and battlefield 2 demo and i only say InstallDir in the battlefield 2 demo one and i couldnt find it in battle field 2 so please help me total bf 2 community I WANT TO PLAY BF2! lol =3

PS:I can't uninstall bf 2 demo in add/remove programs dunno y
                        re-read the post,

the point of it is if there isnt an InstallDir string the 2nd part shows you how to create one

Comment

Heh excitement got me too, thanks for that last Scinto, I got excited that we finally got the answer and I failed to read the rest of the post after "change the drive letter if the path is default." But I did re read it thanks for the help, Ill try to make the new string as soon as my friend gets home.

thanks for your help Scinto
                          it worked

Comment

Working...
                          X