This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideas for PR 0.7

Ok I was thinking and I came up with a few things.

1. I think you guys should make 99% of things in PR destructable. Like the buildings, even the trees. I mean if you crash into a tree with a plane its going down.

2. You guys should figure out a way to make it so you can talk to your whole team using VIOP like you do with commander. This way you can call in an airstrike if you need one and the guy in the jet isnt on your team. Yeah I guess Teamspeak would work but not everyone uses it.

3. The airports should be made like real airports. The planes should be in hangers. You should also have to taxi to the runway before you can take off. I guess you would need to guess on how long it would take to get the the runway and make it so the plane cant go faster then that for a certain amount of time. I play LockOn and Flight Sim and Im a real pilot and I know what its like to taxi to a runway This would add more realism to the mod.

4. I think we need to add a B-1 Lancer into Project Reality. Nothing like f***ing up a whole city by carpet bombing.

Ill come up with other things but I need to go out to dinner YAY Seafood baby

Let me know what you guys think

Re: Ideas for PR 0.7

Originally posted by =VE=Navras View Post
    Ok I was thinking and I came up with a few things.

1. I think you guys should make 99% of things in PR destructable. Like the buildings, even the trees. I mean if you crash into a tree with a plane its going down.

You need to consider how much performance this would eat up - especially coupled with the giganitic new maps. As I understand it, each destructible static requires at least two different sets of lightmaps, I don't believe it's feasible, at the moment. That being said, the dev team has come very far with the destructible statics, and I'm sure they're experimenting with how far it can be pushed.

2. You guys should figure out a way to make it so you can talk to your whole team using VIOP like you do with commander. This way you can call in an airstrike if you need one and the guy in the jet isnt on your team. Yeah I guess Teamspeak would work but not everyone uses it.

VoIP is hardcoded. Basically, nothing about the VoIP system can be changed.

3. The airports should be made like real airports. The planes should be in hangers. You should also have to taxi to the runway before you can take off. I guess you would need to guess on how long it would take to get the the runway and make it so the plane cant go faster then that for a certain amount of time. I play LockOn and Flight Sim and Im a real pilot and I know what its like to taxi to a runway This would add more realism to the mod.

Good idea.

4. I think we need to add a B-1 Lancer into Project Reality. Nothing like f***ing up a whole city by carpet bombing.

A B-1 would indeed be awesome .

Ill come up with other things but I need to go out to dinner YAY Seafood baby

Let me know what you guys think
    Answers in bold.

Comment

Yeah, all that sounds good

Comment

Hehe, "If I'm going down, I'm taking the tree with me!!!!!! *BOOM*"

Comment

Thanks for the positive feed back guys

I figured about the destructable stuff and figured it would have to do with a lot of things. but even if some more buildings were destroyable would make the mod better in my eyes.

Also I love the Lancer with a Passion and would love to see it in game.

Think about it... a fast aircraft loaded with 50 250lb bombs

CARPET BOMBING FTW!!!!

Comment

think of the teamkills the Lancer would produce....lol

Navras [Teamkills - B-1B Lancer] sniper123
            Navras [Teamkills - B-1B Lancer] yomomma1992
            Navras [Teamkills - B-1B Lancer] dingdongblister
            Navras [Teamkills - B-1B Lancer] general.patton
            Navras [Teamkills - B-1B Lancer] jayjay1746
            Navras [Teamkills - B-1B Lancer] bushsux
            Navras [Teamkills - B-1B Lancer] proMedic36E
            Navras [Teamkills - B-1B Lancer] prettymuchthewholedamnteam

Navras has been kicked from the server (TK PUNISH)

Navras has been disconnected from the server

Comment

Now now Thrifty Im not that bad of a pilot. You and me will man the B-1 and we wont have any team kills.

Comment

k but when sqaud 2 calls an airstrike on the city and squad one is still in there capping an outpost expect the punishes to be handed out like candy on halloween.

Comment

Well now.. thats squad ones fault

Comment

i just want better performance :-( and some of the textures such as British and USMC look really blurry and bland when textures is set on medium. BF2 vanilla marines look better

Comment

I am sure they are working on it t make those better.

5. I think that there should be a wider range of aircraft. Sence I belive the US only has the A-10 and the F-16. Why not add a F-15 and a F-18 to it. Along with the Bone.

6. I have been watching the news lately on the war in Iraq and Im saying a lot of AK-47s with a SVD and an RPG here and there. However in PR the MEC weapons are mostly G3s. I always wondered why? SO maybe a weapon switch would be good. Depends on what everyone else thinks its not a big deal I just wanted to suggest it.

7. MORE BLOOD if we can find a way cause I like to see my brains of the enemy I just sniped in the head fly all over the place haha.

8. I dont know if you did this already but have all the squads have their own group of limited kits. This way its kinda even for the squads. However thinking about it there would be an increase in snipers and Heavy Machine Gunners. But not like theres not a butt load of snipers in Iraq already.

9. What about sniper spotter teams? Me and Thrifty want to do a sniper spotter team but you need 3 people in the squad to request a kit. Whats the other person gonna do? I think thats why it should be changed to 2 people then you can request a kit.

More on the way let me know what you guys think of these

Comment

It would be Nice if you could do the limited kits like that. For example, one Machine gunner per squad, one Marksman per squad. I've seen entire squads whore the limited kits.

It would also be nice if they could limit the kits to special squads. Like hardcoded squads for each map. A "Sniper/Spotter" squad. Maximum of 2 people, and you can only get the Sniper kit, and maybe a new spotter kit, while in that squad.

A Helo Fireteam squad, where you can only spawn with pilot kits, and no other squad, except for a Plane Fireteam squad, could get pilot kits.

Limit crewman kits to 2/4 a squad. 2 for Tank/Tank gunner, 2 for APC/APC gunner, 1 for Tank(and gunner, he does it all himself), 1 for APC(and gunner. Again doing it all himself.)

These ideas are just to cut down on kit whoring.

Comment

I`m pretty sure this will never happen but I got one. Remake the bad, toy-like weapon placeholders. Yes, that means all the AKs, M16, AR, etc. They look like c***, feel like c***, not enough detail, weightless, etc.

Insurgency, Infiltration are perfect examples where a gun doesn`t only do a lot of damage, but looks, moves, animates as if it can make a lot of damage.
                          BF2 is the complete opposite of that.
                          Just too arcade for a realistic mod.

Oh, and another things, pleace do something with the rag-dolls. Make them more realistic. I dunno if that is even possible with the engine. Atm, they look bloody ridiculous. You shoot someone, they levitate, wobble around like bloody fish, then drop to the ground with their legs, hands in impossible positions.

Comment

I am sure they are working on it t make those better.

5. I think that there should be a wider range of aircraft. Sence I belive the US only has the A-10 and the F-16. Why not add a F-15 and a F-18 to it. Along with the Bone.

If you know anything about modeling, then it’s that, it takes a lot amount of time to model anything, like vehicle, character, or buildings. Sure it’s easier to suggest an idea than actually doing them like, Hey lets put in the C-130, oh what about the F-18? Maybe some Nimitz Carrier, but would anyone actually have time to model everything like that? No.

6. I have been watching the news lately on the war in Iraq and Im saying a lot of AK-47s with a SVD and an RPG here and there. However in PR the MEC weapons are mostly G3s. I always wondered why? SO maybe a weapon switch would be good. Depends on what everyone else thinks its not a big deal I just wanted to suggest it.

Hello?? MEC are the future faction formed when every Middle Eastern countries decides to combine, so its typical to see a G3 as their main future battle rifle. So get this right, There are no Iraqi in the game, No Iran, No Syria, No Afghanistan, just MEC and only MEC. So stop comparing today world with the future world of BF2.

7. MORE BLOOD if we can find a way cause I like to see my brains of the enemy I just sniped in the head fly all over the place haha.

Hahahaha...Go back to playing your little Doom 3 game. Especially the "haha" comment make you look very immature.

8. I dont know if you did this already but have all the squads have their own group of limited kits. This way its kinda even for the squads. However thinking about it there would be an increase in snipers and Heavy Machine Gunners. But not like theres not a butt load of snipers in Iraq already.

It's already balanced, quit complaining.

9. What about sniper spotter teams? Me and Thrifty want to do a sniper spotter team but you need 3 people in the squad to request a kit. Whats the other person gonna do? I think thats why it should be changed to 2 people then you can request a kit.

For a guy that ask a stupid questions, now he automatically want to be a sniper, god I hate hollywood typical. But then again, the reason why it required 3 person to be in a squad to request a sniper is so that people won't just run around requesting the kit easily with only 1 person in their squad.

Comment

...Katie. It's a mod team. Their job is to make new content, and make mods better. This thread is to give ideas to the mod team for improvements. He did that, so stop flaming him just because you don't agree.

Comment

Working...
                              X