Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with graphics settings

Hi there
    Please can somebody help, I have the following specs and I get a really annoying stutter in BF2. I used to play this game lots but I recently changed my machine and can’t remember what settings to have on what for a good balance of playability and nice visuals.

Xpc shuttle sn215g
    AMD Athlon +3500
    2 x 1gb Corsair XMS 3200
    msi nx8600gts
    Vista ultimate 32bit

Have all up to date drivers from Nvidia. I have rivatuner but not sure what is best settings for BF2. Also should I use some other settings in Ntune or similar. My cpu isn’t overclocked as that was one of the problems that made me resolve in my old rig.I have cleared the cache etc.
    Just would like some settings advice from anybody with similar set up. Would be nice to play with settings on high, if I need to reduce a setting by a notch, which ones should I that will help gameplay but not reduce the visual quality too much.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Re: help with graphics settings

I've heard alot about how Vista makes BF2 choppy, I'm not sure if it's true or not, couldn't tell ya

sorry

Comment

Vista is memory hungry and is taking up most of your ram so bf2 cant run properly...

So i would suggest getting more ram (atleast 3-4gig) or go back to xp..

Hope this helped.

Comment

if i was to partition my raided hardrive and load xp, is there a way to swap from one o/s to the other without re-booting. sorry if this is stupid question!!

also would ready boost work?

cheers:salute:

Comment

Readyboost would make little difference i think.

As for OS switching, it is possible to change from Vista to XP without rebooting (Unless your using an emulator (but those are awful)). The game was designed for XP and therefore the Vista support is mediocre at best. If i were you, i would re-partition my hard disk and use XP for games. When booting your computer, after the POST screen you willl be asked which OS you want to use. Select the correct one.

Comment

Working...
          X