Curiostity of BF2 vehicle ( US army JSF - 35 ) fighter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curiostity of BF2 vehicle ( US army JSF - 35 ) fighter

In the game where there are maps with ships . Theres only ˇ1 type of fighter , which is JSF-35 , but i have looked on internet for that fighter , and only found that F - 35 and X - 35 are showed up , and X - 35 have been only built 2 and F - 35 Lighting II is in production . Maybe i looked badly , but still i looked , i just wanna know the connection between F 22 Raptor and JSF 35 , i know that the same companies built them , and for same reason , to replace old US fighters , but it seems that the kinda look same , except for the turbine , which X - 35 or F - 35 ( in BF2 JSF 35 ) has an round turbine with vertical take off capability . but F 22 has an square turbine , normal take off. This fighter i'm talkin' about Joint Strike Fighter ( JSF ) , looks awesome , i just wanna know the origin , and the only page that said that Us army has JSF 35 , is this one , www.totalbf2.com , awesome page , why doesn't BF2 homepage say it , curiosity is killin' me , and i told my big brother that in Bf2 the fighter is F 22 Raptor , it 's not , i dont wanna be wrong , please tell me that some way im right,

Thanks alot

Re: Curiostity of BF2 vehicle ( US army JSF - 35 ) fighter

The f-35b is a prototype if im not mistaken, same goes with the jsf, i think they are being developed and are not in service yet.

Comment

X for prototype
      F for production model
      F-35B = F-35B Lightning II = Joint Strike Fighter (JSF is the new fighter thats designed to replace most of US old fighters, and F-35B has been selected)

F-22 Raptor isnt same fighter even thou it looks pretty much the same. F-35B is designed using F-22's stealh desing.. and so on.

Dont know about the current state of production but looks like its going to replace most fighters for US, and is damn expensive. (Raptor is actually even more expensive, F-35B has many technologies from it so its cheaper to develop)

Comment

There is no way to tell him your right, unless you lie . The two fighters look very different from behind because of the turbine design.

The difference between the F22 is viewed more as a replacment for the F-15's and the F35 is designed to be the primary replacement for a number of Aircraft for the Air Force, Marines and Navy.

F-35A (CTOL)conventional takeoff and landing variant. - It is primarily intended to replace both the U.S. Air Force's F-16 Fighting Falcons and A-10 Thunderbolt IIs

F-35B (STOVAL) short-takeoff and vertical-landing variant. - U.S. Marine Corps will use the F-35B to replace both its AV-8B Harrier II and F/A-18 Hornet fighters.

F-35C Carrier-based varient. - U.S. Navy intends the F-35Cs to replace the F/A-18A, -B, -C, and -D Hornets.

Comment

Still i know , from front view only difference is the front holes , but i thinked that Battlefield 2 uses only vehicles that are currently in use , not vehicles that are goin' to be in use

Comment

no. bf2 takes place in the distant future like 2012 or something and i rmeember when the demo came out 2 years ago and i went to look up the F-35b, it wasnt in use yet / still being tested and stuff

Comment

i know they are missing a future gun. the XM8, which is in GRAW.
              I wish they would have thrown that in to the game.
              Off topic i kno but that gun should have replaced the F-2000.

Comment

the XM8
                Didn't the military scrap that project?

Comment

Originally posted by nadicus View Post
                  They scrapped all small arms projects as of summer '05...no clue as to why.

Comment

yea......The US army partnered with H&K to make it, it was submitted for review and was then cancelled in late 2005....... its on hold or something and is now up for competition (another rifle can take its place) or something like that........

Comment

well i think they maybe were lookin to make a plane that could vert takeoff for convenience, and they had the f22 design. maybe i dont know im jusr guessin here plz dont flame. maybe diff models for navy, army, such?

Comment

The JSF program was a contest run by the military to replace aging tactical strike aircraft. The 2 main contestants were Lockheed Martin and Boeing, building the X35 and X32, respectively.

The X35 eventually one, exceeding the X32 in most tests, and its Short and Vertical Takeoff ability was much better than the X32, mostly because of the fact that the way the X32 was designed caused hot air from the exaust to re-enter the engine. The X35 is now built as the F-35 Lightning II.

My father is an executive at Boeing's defense division (specifically Boeing Satellite Systems), so I remember him telling me all of this stuff.

Comment

The U.S. Army is so hurting for money and funds that they're screwing over disabled vets. People with life-altering disabilities are getting kicked out and paid way less than before. Prior to all of the disabled vets coming from the GWOT, my shoulder injury would have gotten me medical retirement, meaning a lot of money. Now, it's 0% disability.

You think they plan on getting more expensive weapons to replace the "perfectly functional" M-4 an M-16s, some of which are decades old?

Comment

Also there was a documentary on the the F-35 where Lockheed Martin and Boeing both went for the contract to design and build the next US Airforce fighter. The 35 won over the Boeing as already said. Was pretty good to watch, you might be able to find it on google or youtube some where.

Comment

Originally posted by Rtoups View Post
                              The JSF program was a contest run by the military to replace aging tactical strike aircraft. The 2 main contestants were Lockheed Martin and Boeing, building the X35 and X32, respectively.

The X35 eventually one, exceeding the X32 in most tests, and its Short and Vertical Takeoff ability was much better than the X32, mostly because of the fact that the way the X32 was designed caused hot air from the exaust to re-enter the engine. The X35 is now built as the F-35 Lightning II.

My father is an executive at Boeing's defense division (specifically Boeing Satellite Systems), so I remember him telling me all of this stuff.
                              I knew about the 'contest' but never really took look of the other contestants :|:

X32.. looks kinda fat F-35 :dead: http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0919648/L/

Comment

Working...
                              X