BF2 Local Server Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 Local Server Help

I am planning on making a BF2 movie with some friends and i really want to use battlerecorder and fraps to get different camera angles on them. However I know if my friends are gonna join me in filming we obviously will need to be on a server preferably without other players. Therefore i was concidering using a local server on my laptop where my friends could join in. However i really need to know how i can get them to join a local server with me?

Also I think there is a tool to download which lets u all go on the same local server but i dont know the name so if anyone knows the name please can u tell me. :hmm:

Thanks very much
    [Spec]13DarkWolf

Re: BF2 Local Server Help

You sure your going to be able to host a game and use FRAPS on your laptop? Sounds like a mean feat to me. What specs you running?

Comment

I have a wicked laptop alex98 its got nvidia geforce7300 and can run bf2 on high settings. Anyway i think the program is called Hamachi im not sure though. I wont run fraps on it i will be using battlerecorder in game and then recording from the battlerecorder demo with fraps. So is there a way to get my friends on the same local server/dedicated one????

Thanx for yr help

Comment

Originally posted by 13DarkWolf View Post
        I have a wicked laptop alex98 its got nvidia geforce7300 and can run bf2 on high settings. Anyway i think the program is called Hamachi im not sure though. I wont run fraps on it i will be using battlerecorder in game and then recording from the battlerecorder demo with fraps. So is there a way to get my friends on the same local server/dedicated one????

Thanx for yr help
        Graphics cards mean NOTHING when running a game server... and running it on a OS other than a Server OS is not really the way to go anyway.

The major usage of a game server is CPU,RAM, and Bandwidth.

Best thing to do is perhaps rent a Unranked server from a provider for like a month and do what you need to do and then cancel it.
        I sent you a PM to offer something to you as well..

Comment

firstly, that card is not awsome !!

seconly, can u give us the full specs of ur laptop?

Comment

i think the nvidia is good enough coz it runs bf2 wickedly but i never said the card was awesome anyway ...
            I hav a Acer Aspire 9303WSMi
            CPU-AMD Turion 64x2
            RAM-2GB DDR2
            HDD-160GB
            but it has windows vista

Comment

Working...
            X