dissapointed with Australian Forces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dissapointed with Australian Forces

I just downloaded Aussie Forces... I gotta say I'm disappointed.

Being a proud Aussie, I thought it would be rad as but there was not much effort put into it (cant blame them i guess - EA isn't Aussie)

now this could just be my settings or something but...
    -the Australian teams have American voices
    -even in single player there is a bit of lag compared to normal BF2 servers (that are full eg. 64/64)
    -the guns are just the second unlocks in BF2 with different covers to them.

The one thing I did like was the attack chopper and the jets... they are completely different in sound, appearance and performance.

Any Aussies who have played it... what are your thoughts on BF2 Australian Forces?

Re: dissapointed with Australian Forces

developing takes a lot of work, more than most people understand. Making all new voices, formatting them, getting them to sound correct in game, im sure its not too easy.

Even skinning is a ***** from what I hear. Some of these dev teams are much bigger than others. Its not fair to compare a team of 3 or 4 to a POE2 or a PR for instance.

Comment

i completely understand the effort put in. I wouldn't doubt that its not easy ...I'm just disappointed i guess.

i mean... if your going to make a game... make it properly because we... the consumers... pay for it. take the time and postpone the date it comes out to perfect it to make people say "wow that small dev team took a while... but they did a damn good job"...my opinion.

Comment

It was only there 1st release(I think) so I thought they did quite well.

As for postponing....have you met the BF2 community?

Comment

1st release...? really?... i thought it was well after a few other releases... oh well...

yeah im just saying that the BF2 community as paying customers.... should get near to perfection if not perfection as we are in fact paying for it... u wouldnt buy a new car if it didnt work or you werent happy with it right?

having said that i can definitely see (and appreciate) the size of the BF2 community or a new mod that these guys do... just think it should be done right the 1st time.

Comment

Well the way I see it, you payed for BF2....not mods. They are a substitute to BF2 that people provide for free, but thats just my own opinion.

This isn't the most mod friendly game, in fact its one of the worst Ive seen. Australian Forces have done a novel job with what the engine offered, and I have no complaints.

Waiting for a mod to be "perfection" as you say is impossible, as it will never be perfect...not in the time frame that this game is slotted. Have you read the comments some people have about mods that have been in development for 2+ years....not very nice.

People may want perfection, but most don't have the patience to wait for it, and in the end mods lose most of there community by either releasing an unfinished mod early to the public which dies quickly, or releasing a flawless mod too late to the very little public that remains....

Your damned if you do, damned if you don't really....

Comment

so u would buy a car that doesn't work?... lol nah just kidding.

1st of all they are good points zuiquan and thanks for contributing to this thread.

2. how bout this... as a mod called Australian Forces... they could have at least made aussie voices...? this may sound bad but alot of Australians dont like americans (sounds bad but its true)... imagine the wrath that this site would incur if the game was called american forces and it had australian voices... there would be hell to pay.

(again i understand the effort needed to put into the mods but i use download time and that does cost me money)

Comment

True, but maybe they never were able to get voice actors, or the correct sound equipment, or maybe they were planning adding it to there second release. Who knows really, though I understand were your coming from, and can agree to an extent.

Personally I dont want any of the mods I work for to release a product to the masses just because the "fans" are getting inpatient.

Either way it seems your going to lose a bit of your fanbase....

Comment

Originally posted by E.Putney
                  -even in single player there is a bit of lag compared to normal BF2 servers (that are full eg. 64/64)
                  You are playing single player. That means for every bot your cpu has to calculate the AI of that bot...as the number of bots go up your cpu will really be working overtime to run it. Every mod/game will have that issue...its the exact reason why vanilla bf2 only support 16 player singplayer matches.

Comment

Originally posted by zuiquan1 View Post
                    True, but maybe they never were able to get voice actors, or the correct sound equipment, or maybe they were planning adding it to there second release. Who knows really, though I understand were your coming from, and can agree to an extent.

Personally I dont want any of the mods I work for to release a product to the masses just because the "fans" are getting inpatient.

Either way it seems your going to lose a bit of your fanbase....
                    yeah thats true also... id imagine voice actors were hard to come by... EA or Dice are based in Switzerland right? yeah... doubt they would have gotten aussies there. yeah its all a marketing ploy to make money i guess.

Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi

thanks lads

Comment

You are confused - EA had absolutely NOTHING to do with the development of the Australian Forces mod - it was developed by an independent team of modders, for free.

Comment

I wasn't too interested in it from the previews and info I have seen. I'll stick with project reality for a mod when I need one.

Comment

You realize EA has nothing to do with the mods? They are made by a bunch of nerds in basements of their mother's house.

If you want to try a more polished mod, check out PR or POE.

Comment

Aussie Mod was a OK mod, but now.. think of this... They have about 3-5 people on their team. Compared to PoE and PR. You can't even compare the two, they are in totally different ranges. Aussie just wanted a mod to play because they love their country. PoE and PR, were made because, well people were sick of vBF2.

Please, never say PoE/PR in the same sentence as Aussie Mod... There not alike in any way (Not saying Aussie Mod is bad, I like its SP)

@LightBred: Why did you bump a 3 month old thread?

Comment

Well I have to sorta agree and disagree... I really liked the mod but after a while it got boring cuz yeah, it was pretty much the same thing as BF2 Vanilla but with a few different weapons here and there. I'm not an Aussie myself so I have little to say when it comes to aspect but modding does take a while and codeing everything kills brain cells... lol but there is always room for improvement no matter what mod you play so I am looking forward to updates from Austrilian Forces mod. I think there needs to be more skins and a bigger variety of them as well as vehicles and more maps. Something about it seems too BF2 Vanilla... ish.

Comment

Working...
                              X