What mod should I play?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What mod should I play?

Currently, my favorite mod is PR. Im trying to find another mod to play when I don't have enough time to play PR. Since they are usually REALLY long games, sometimes I don't have enough time (or I just feel like playing a more fast paced game), so I go back to play vBF2. Are there any mods out there with faster game play than PR, but just as good? Also, I don't want to have to rely too much on teamwork because I hate wearing my headset lol. Im basically looking for a BETTER vBF2.

Re: What mod should I play?

I am not sure if you were playing the PR .6 beta, but if you were; the long games were mainly due to it being a beta. Both tickets and time limits were set very high to assure stability with the release. In the full release however, server admins can set the time to whatever they want and tickets were lowered a bit for release.

That is just to clear things up. I know thats not the only reason you want to play something else

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMafia View Post
      Are there any mods out there with faster game play than PR, but just as good? Also, I don't want to have to rely too much on teamwork because I hate wearing my headset lol. Im basically looking for a BETTER vBF2.
      Point of Existence 2 fits what your looking for. You'll find the production quality is very high and lots of the problems in vanilla have been tackled. No more commander hacks(uav/scan), deadly AA, deadlier weapons that don't spray all over the place, and various other improvements that I'm too lazy to list. The pace is basically the same as vanilla and its just as easy to pick up and play. You will find quite a bit of teamwork centric players out there compared to vanilla so I wouldn't dump your headset just because its arcade style....I dunno if you play on TG's PR server but we run a PoE2 server also so you'll likely see some player crossover if you want to squad up with some familiar faces.

By all means start playing now if you really want to but at this point I'd suggest just waiting until this Friday when the next major update hits and you'll have a more polished product along with a much larger playerbase to play with.

...and of course don't just stop at one mod. Each mod offers a unique take and all this hard work to deliver free content deserves at least to be tried to see what each has to offer.

Comment

id say give POE2 a shot, especially with the new update coming Friday, its more of a cross between vanilla and PR, not so drastically devastating on hits but rewards the skilled player plenty at a faster pace.

Comment

well, each person is going to say to play there favorite mod and why, lol. I dont enjoy spending too much time playing rounds, which is why I stay away from PR. If you like combat simulator style play, PR is th eonly one here that fits the bill. So its obvious why its so popular. We are all waiting on FH2, Pirates, and Brickfield.

Play them all, there free. The devs work really hard, and deserve to have a chance at your loyalty.

DCON, POE2, USI, OPK, EOD, PR, sandbox, etc.............

Comment

Yeah just try as many as you can. Nearly all the mods out there will give you a better experience than BF2. Or at the very least something a little more fresh. Also with the devs of these mods developing stuff for you for free, the least you can do is have a play on em now and again.

Comment

True, the devs put a ton of work into this stuff, so I'm just going to jump around and see which works best for me. I was thinking of POE2, so good to hear it being suggested. As far as PR game speed, I know the beta was designed to be longer, but PR in general is made for slower, more realistic game play. I actually like that about the mod, but Im just looking for something to play when I want a more fast paced experience.

Comment

^^ yeah i agree with the stuf about PR being long (its why i like it)

personally i think vanilla BF2 is ur best bet for fast gameplay since it has karkand and jalalalallabad, but if ur looking for a mod, i think POE2 should be good. idk if many ppl play it tho but the new release should attract some players.

also there are other games besides BF2. CSS/CS1.6 is pretty fast paced

Comment

Originally posted by ConscriptVirus View Post

personally i think vanilla BF2 is ur best bet for fast gameplay
                  I dont know if you are ignoring it unporpuse , but DCOn is 100 times better than vanilla for fast paced action, no contest there. :shakehead:

Comment

I say give POE2 a shot and then DCON once they release their new update...but NOT before.

Comment

The newest release of USI will be amazing so watch out for that.

Also another release of PoE is coming

and also maybe FH2:yay:

Comment

Try PoE2 1.7

Comment

Working...
                        X