My new computer and BF2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new computer and BF2?

Hey everyone. i just got a new computer today and wanted to get BF2 my friend has it and i play it all the time. Myquestion is how whould

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/productDetail.do?oid=176847&WT.mc_n=3&WT.mc_t=U&cm _ven=COMPARISON%20SHOPPING&cm_cat=CNET&cm_pla= DATAFEED->PRODUCTS&cm_ite=1%20PRODUCT&cm_keycode=3

(my computer) Do, like should i not even bother or what?

( i know i wish i could have gotten a custom built, and yes i looked around here for awhile)

Re: My new computer and BF2?

it should do, if not you need to get a graphics card.....

Comment

yeah wat graphics card does the comphave? it just says geforce which could be about anything

Comment

it has a Nvidia Geforce 6105e 128mb.... Sorry i couldnt get the specs from gateway. Im pretty impressed that my friend can play this game on his little 256 Ram with 125 gig. hardrive and a litttle 3000 prossecor...i think he has a very good graphics card.

Comment

maybe.....

Comment

don't know that card, but with Vista and BF2, you are going to want another gig of Ram

Comment

Ok. Well i guess we will have to see. any more opions?

Comment

Originally posted by reynolddog View Post
                Ok. Well i guess we will have to see. any more opions?
                Build a computer, all techies will tell you that. I know you just thought "omg, i can't do that." It's a bit easier than you think. Advantages: cheaper to build a duplicate computer for the same price as a store bought, more warranties and longer ones (evga offers lifetime on their video cards,) people were impressed when I told them built my computer. <-- best choice, you can always get help here or Google.

friend can play this game on his little 256 Ram with 125 gig. hardrive and a litttle 3000 prossecor
                some what decent processor and 125 gig HD, but for BF2, it won't start with more than 512mb of ram, so yeah, your friend has at least 512mb. For BF2 I recommend:

lower end dual core processor (still very good for BF2): AMD 3800+ x2
                1 gig of ram, 2 for best performance
                7600GT video card
                80+ gig hard drive
                decent mobo
                sound card, i notice a mass difference in my $27 sound card compared to the onboard on our other computer

on top of all that, idk if u need a monitor/keyboard/mouse and stuff. if you're just playing BF2, get windows xp, vista is pointless for BF2, bf2 won't even use the DX10 features vista offers.

Comment

Thanks. but i just purchased this computer and dont feel like spendign money on another. do you think it should do OK?

Edit: i will probaly drop another gig of RAM in it.

I found this place that sellsmy computers memory,http://www.4allmemory.com/index.cfm?...model_id=63756

Okso it says i have4 sockets and right now it has 512X 512. Now whould i be able to put a 1 gig and and 512mb in there? im new to this and sorry for the dumb questions.

IT works AWSOME! im running low (i dont see how you can call it low as it seams brilliant(mayeb the monitor)?)

i have a few ?'s i bought the Deluxe edition...how ocme noones on the BF2 specailopsversion online?

2 ive played for like 4hours(im addicted) anditdoesnt show my"till your nextrank bar" with anything... Why is that>i whould think i'd see a little imrpovement.i'm still goign to get 2Gb of ram but im REALLY impressed on how it runs with just 1!

why does it keepediting my last post and put it in another? anyways i looked at my statts and it says 0 foreverything...oddd

Comment

Working...
                  X