X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange cursor problem

Hi Guys,

Bit of strange one this....

Was playing this afternoon online and all of a sudden the game froze and no buttons would work, not even the escape or cont alt del so I hit the restart button on the computer. "No big deal" I thought as this isn't the first time this has happened. Fired it back up and connected back online to a server but now when it joins I get the first screen where you change your guns/join a squad/pick your spawn/change your class but I have no cursor to choose any of these but the battle is sill going on, in other words it hasn't frozen, I can see all the action going on "behind" the control screen I just can't join in Single player offline works fine, I have a cursor to choose things and I can click the "Done" button and play. I've been playing it on and off for about 2 yrs and this is the first major hiccup. Can anyone help please ?

My set up.... (lol, try not to wet yourself laughing at it )

AMD643200+
    512 ram (yeah, I know...)
    GeForce FX5900 ultra
    WinXP

Re: Strange cursor problem

I know......

Reinstall :yay:

Comment

Gargh !!!! :shakehead:

Was hoping it wouldn't have to come to that. Are there any files that I could delete that automatically get regenerated when you fire it up again that would solve it (bdp files for instance) ?

Comment

I had the same problem but got kicked by PB. Now if you hold on a few minutes I will get back and let you know if I have solved the problem. Just installing the game once more not the first time I have to say

I think it down to PB or a corruption in a file which one I have no idea

said I would be back. Got the game to work no problem at all I think it is down to PB for some reason as when I looked at the PB files yesterday hardly any of the contents was located, until I reinstalled the game

disable any anti virus you have

1 Reinstall the game: yes again I done it loads of times

2 once done restart your computer

3 install other BF2 games that you may have such as SF

3a Don't put on Highway Tampa yet

4 install 1.41 patch

5 Restart the computer

6 check to see if you can play on a MP server online pick a 30 man server run around for a bit and see if you have any problems. If it is PB let me know what it says also. Once you have done and happy try highway tampa see if it will work also then restart the computer and that should do the job

If this will work let me know and I will see what else I can come up with as I have many problem with BF2 games and gain some knowledge

Comment

Thanks Simon

I'll give it a shot later.

Comment

no no and no, all you got to do is start up the game again, go to your control options and set them back to default, for some reason they like to get magically erased, happens to me all the time in 2142. There is no need to reinstall

Comment

^^ yeah that was wat i was thinking...mite be too late for him now

Comment

lol, reinstall is my answer to every query is BF2 support. Maybe i should pay more attention to the original post...

Comment

Phew !!... Hadn't tried that yet. Was going to do it after work tonight but luckily I logged onto here first before starting. I'll let you know the score.

Thanks for all your input guys :salute:

Success... :yay:

Indeed, all the boxes were as clean as a babies butt !! How very bizarre.

Virtual beers all round

Comment

oooo budweiser?

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper1432 View Post
                      oooo budweiser?
                      What a god awful drink. You want a proper mans pint like Hobgoblin, 6x, Green King, Pickled Santa, Hidden Pint.... endless...

Comment

Spitfire ale.... mmmmmm Not that fizzy, chemical tasting, over-priced over watered down lager stuff. Having said that though Fosters Ice is gorgeous and that's a Oz brew, one of the few decent things to come out of Australia... :laugh:

Comment

Working...
                        X