Server idiocy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server idiocy.

So I was playing in this server as I entered I noticed a message saying that it was a knife and pistol only fight, which to be honest I didn't really wanna play. So you can imagine my surprise when with in seconds of me joining I was machine guned down.

So I pulled the Special Ops machine gun and went at it. Their were about 40 people in the streets of Kaarraddann.. whatever it's called and we had all gotten laid in to each other between the Hotel and Square check points.

It was a totally sweet game and everyone seemed to be having fun. Then of course some whiny four year old (I assume he was four the language seemed to suggest it) came on and started moaning about no one reading the rules and that they should only be using pistol and knife.

Now usually I don't speak much during the games I prefer to just play but this kid was squealing like a stuck pig. So I told him that since everyone else was playing and having fun that he should either join in or push off. The abuse I got back cannot be repeated in here.

Then the stupidest thing I've seen in my life occured. An admin turned up and banned everyone. Now I dunno maybe the concept of people playing the game and having fun on your server isn't just enough for some admins. Perhpas enforcing stupid rules that apart from one whiny p**sant everyone had agreed weren't that much fun is more important than people actually playing on your server.

I dunno any admins here that would like to comment?

What's better, folk playing your server and having fun or no one playing because they don't want to play a set of stupid rules?

Re: Server idiocy.

Originally posted by Battlefield RoC
    Examples of abuse include, but are not limited to:

* Playing on restricted kit servers (knife, shock and pistol only)
    Doesn't that mean that those servers aren't suppose to even exist in the first place?

Comment

I dunno, I didn't bother reading the rules before I signed up. In general I am not gonna be running any servers. I don't swear in game because that's the resort of the truly moronic and hacking or cheating in multiplayer is always more trouble than it's worth. That covers my bases as far as I am concerned.

Comment

Well you know if they buy the server they can enforce it any damn way they please (granted it's not a padding server or knife and pistol), if you don't like it go to a different one or better yet buy your own!! I don't know if you have ever been a mod or admin in a full server but it's not fun. When you have just about every single person breaking the rules I don't say, uhh.... there is to many of them, I give up, it's your server and you are going to run it how you please. If you were given mod or admin rights they gave them to you TO ENFORCE THE RULES.

If you were in a server that you know is against the rules and you got banned it's your own fault for going in there. noob.

Comment

Originally posted by hitman283 View Post
          Well you know if they buy the server they can enforce it any damn way they please (granted it's not a padding server or knife and pistol), if you don't like it go to a different one or better yet buy your own!! I don't know if you have ever been a mod or admin in a full server but it's not fun. When you have just about every single person breaking the rules I don't say, uhh.... there is to many of them, I give up, it's your server and you are going to run it how you please. If you were given mod or admin rights they gave them to you TO ENFORCE THE RULES.

If you were in a server that you know is against the rules and you got banned it's your own fault for going in there. noob.
          thats exactly right... your in someone elses house... obey their rules or get out...

simple as that

Comment

Originally posted by hitman283 View Post

Let me guess your an admin of one of these retarted servers.Pleas scream, yell and cry just a little bit more. And if you cant handle peoples opinions thin dont read them and especially dont respond to them.
            Yours truely MASSIVE1!

Comment

In my house, I pay the bills ...so, I make the rules. Find another server, I never play in P/K servers, and can find plenty to have fun in. If you happen to find yourself in one, dont whine about the rules....leave.

Comment

Originally posted by The Laughing Man View Post
                I dunno any admins here that would like to comment?
                Originally posted by ToddMassive1 View Post
                Let me guess your an admin of one of these retarted servers.Pleas scream, yell and cry just a little bit more. And if you cant handle peoples opinions thin dont read them and especially dont respond to them.
                Yours truely MASSIVE1!
                Obviously you can't read... or spell.

Comment

Ever since BFRoE seemed to disapear I dont really bother with the rules.

Comment

Ranks are a bit pointless this late in the game.

Comment

The guy kicked us out of the server and that's all. I just went to another server and started playing.

The purpose of the post was to ask would a server admin rather have noone play because of some rules they have implemented or would they rather have a load of people playing the game as it's meant to be and having fun? You would have spotted that had you not been so desperate to jump to the rubbish insults.

Comment

[ATTACH]4762[/ATTACH]

Comment

Laughing Man is a stupid retard noob.

Comment

Well as an admin it's important for people to play in the server AND obey our rules. I'm not going to let people rape uncaps constantly just so I don't have to enforce rules, but I've also never had a situation where an entire server was simultaneously breaking the rules....I don't know what I'd do in that situation.

BUT anyways, that server's rules go against the Rules of Combat published by EA so those rules shouldn't even be enforced.

Comment

Oh no Chuck called me a noob, what wi....

...yawn.

Comment

Working...
                              X