internet help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• internet help

hello, i am going mad trying to work out why i get 100fps all the time single player and in multiplayer only 50-60 it's not smooth and it's really annoying,

my spec's are
    amd 64,3200 2ghz oc'd to 2.55ghz
    saphire x800gto2 oc'd from 400 core 400 mem, to 520 core 590 mem, on the ngo drives

1gig of ddr dual channel 80gig maxtor 7200 speed hdisk, onboard sound

ecs a939 mainboard

anyone have a clue what to try ? thank's

Re: internet help

I have the same problem, offline i can play on almost all high settings, but online i gotta play almost all low. Must be something with the game.

Comment

are you playing singleplayer with 16 people only? do you hop on 64-man servers?

if so, i found out that characters in this game stress systems badly. Its just because there are a lot of people running around and whatnot. the terrain and graphics dont affect frame rates nearly as much as actual characters do. for me i lose a frame for every 2 people in the game.

to confirm this as the problem, look up at the sky or go to the edge of the map and see if you get better frames or not.

Comment

I thought you could only play 16-player single? Am i missing something?

Yeah thats what i figured, started to notice that in my last game when i had fraps running. When alot of players were with me my rate dropped a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy42000 View Post

Yeah thats what i figured, started to notice that in my last game when i had fraps running. When alot of players were with me my rate dropped a bit.
          i tohught you can only play with 16 to. I know in battlefield 1942 you can play with alot more

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy42000 View Post
            yes,

theirs a well mod but really its a file with all the 16/32/64 map sizes in it, and in that it tells you how to edit the amount of bots,

Comment

Know where i could find it? Or what its called so i can search?

Comment

me siggeh SP Maps

Comment

Thanks man!

Comment

yes i look up at the sky and it say's 90-95 fps when i look to any base wake island it's 50-65 and any other map ?, what are the best driver's to use for bf2 anyone know, is there any settings i can change that might help like the hypertransport bus ? and so on

Comment

xtreme-g are my favorite drivers but im not sure if they really make drivers for ATI. but usually for drivers, theres maybe a 2-3 fps difference between them so its not worth the effort to go on a mad hunt for the best drivers. just dont use anything too old

Comment

Personally I think your pc doesn't quite cut it. Get an xtra gig of ram and an x1950 and bf2 will fly on your system.

Comment

Working...
                        X