Do you like Mods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you like Mods?

As title says do you like mods? If so post which mod and why in your post.

Re: Do you like Mods?

Yes and No. On the one hand, I just cannot play vBF2 anymore - it's all just so .... crap. For example I have no time for skin-job mods (insert some of the big mods here) while retaining the same flawed DICE designed gameplay. On the other hand I love mix of tactically rich teamwork and arcade gameplay of Project Reality - the balance that vBF2 should have struck. It's just fundamentally better on most levels - whether you like fast paced satisfying gunplay or slow paced squad tactics, PR has it and kudos to the developers.
    Battleships is pretty cool too.

Comment

Both.

I've played:
      • Project Reality
      • DCon
      • Sandbox
      • Department Store Battles

But in the end I always end up reverting back to vanilla after a few weeks of playing a mod.

I played Project Reality for perhaps a little longer though, I'm currently waiting for the final v0.6 to be released then I might redownload the mod.

Comment

I've literally played every single mod that's been released on modjive + the Sir. Mod and I personally think Black Sand Studios is awesome and could've made a better BF2 then DICE did.

Comment

I play some but Vanila is where I spend most my time.

Comment

i love vanilla and PR. PoE2 is somewhat lame in my opinion, and i can't play DCon.

Comment

i mostly stick to vanilla, and the occasional sf and booster pack mods. I dont like community made mods because they seem somewhat sloppy. Like vehicles arent rendered as accurately as vanilla, it just looks unprofessional. Although mods do sometimes amaze me, i have 10 of them installed.

I really liked the idea behind the dawn patrol mod, but too bad it was abondoned, it was hella fun playing singleplayer. But my most played mods are sandbox and battleracer, there just the most original. Im really looking forward to FH2.

in the end the best mod is vanilla itself, IMO. Its the neatest and most well-made mod. PR focuses too much on realism, it just isn't fun for me.

in the end i will be going back to vanilla. I play mods for a few days and then i leave it alone... free content though :yay:.

Comment

i only play either vanilla or project reality. project reality is juts so different now from vanilla so i like ot play it for a change

Comment

meh i like JDM

Comment

i always come back to vBF2 but mods are good fun

Comment

Ihave played the following mods.
                      Sandbox,Camobox,Department Store Battles,Project Reality,Dcon,POE2,USI,and my own private mod, BF2X:Expanded Content.

Comment

Vanilla....If I want something different, I get a new game.

However I do have a dab at sandbox once in a while

Comment

I'd been playing Joint Operations Typhoon Rising (then Escalation pack, then the Reality Mod for it)

I bought BF2 after a year of it being out, or something like that. Immediately, I needed to upgrade my pc to play it. When the gear arrived and I built my new machine I had a 2 week span of "erm, is this really supposed to be so good?" It was like a skin job of JO:R. Voice comms was low (JOTR had none), everyone ran round doing their own thing and being pretty selfish. The guns in BF2 couldn't hit a barn door though (and tonight I went on vanilla and wondered why my rounds were going up in the air even though I was aiming down off a building!!!)

Then I came across Project Reality v0.322 which had been recommended on the site where Joint Ops Reality Players used to congregate on. Most of the Reality players there had held off buying BF2 due to reviews of some of the players who had, who were stating that it just wasn't all that.

On downloading PR v0.322 I was immediately struck by the realistic ballistics of the weapons, the need to work in squads and the large voip usage! The sounds were changed and the thrill level was such that for a few days I could bond with my soldier urging him to claw shell scrapes in the dirt wherever I was trying to dive for cover!

I sit here and I have numerous responsibilities and outlets on the net. I have numerous things in life too that take me out meeting people/family and friends and the silence and selfishness in vanilla BF2 made the whole playing style like a bad taste in my mouth and a frustrating buzzing headache that made it hard to sleep on a night. The squadwork, gameplay and voip usage of PR is a social thing, a real bonding between players in the main who are making friends (for whatever values they allow to come across) and a common feeling of worth online.

I try lots of games that come out, looking for elements of what is in PR, although I am not into sword and sorcery games so what's out there is limited. What's best out there right now is PR, unless I've forgotten to try some game that has some fantastic underground appeal that just hasn't reached the community in general yet.

There are a lot of players in the vanilla BF2 community. If they all sat down and took the time to download every mod out there then maybe more and more players would come over to the better, more realistic gaming and increased social activity that we see in the PR scene. (try one a week because of the bandwidth considerations. Share downloads with mates, physically send them a disc with the download on so each of you only has to DL one each if you are capped badly)

Comment

I haven't played any mods really and was wondering what some would recommend if I were to want to get active in any guildsor groups here.

Comment

Project Reality
                              Point of Existence 2
                              Sandbox/Camobox

Those are the main mods I frequent.

-PR always has people playing(near full servers)
                              -POE2 is dependent on new releases for popularity(IMO). Meaning every new release there is a spike in popularity and then after a month or so it drops.
                              -SB/CB not too many people playing but have a hardcore, dedicated fan base. You really don't want too many people playing anyway if you know what I mean.

There are plenty of others:

USI
                              Airmaps
                              Allied Intent
                              DSB
                              Battleracer

And keep an ear out for a highly anticipated mods release::

FORGOTTEN HOPE 2

Comment

Working...
                              X