Summer Mod Night #7: Battleship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer Mod Night #7: Battleship

Battleship is another one of those highly unique mods for Battlefield 2. If you miss the ship fights in Battlefield 1942, or if you've ever wanted to settle down for some leisurely strategic teamplay, Battleship is the mod for you. Battleship allows you to command your own ships in WWI-ish naval warfare. This is definitely one of my favorite mods. I believe they've nailed the gameplay down quite nicely. It's tons of fun with big, organized teams.

Unfortunately, the developers haven't released a full download for version 0.32, so you'll have to download 0.31 and the incremental patch to 0.32. Fortunately, the files aren't too big. Here is the TotalBF2 link:

http://totalbf2.filecloud.com/files/...ory_id=1104426

The time will of course be 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time. The server will be Lowerview Mod Night (or something like that) with IP address 8.3.7.67.

EDIT: We couldn't get it working on our server. We're switching over to the BattleShips 0.32 server, with IP address 76.172.156.118, port 16563.

On another note, is there a better place to put this each week than the Mod Discussion forum?

EDIT: This is on Wednesday, of course.

Re: Summer Mod Night #7: Battleship

w00t! shame its a little late for me

Comment

will this be today, or was it yesterday?

If I haven't missed it, I would love to attend.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhino
        w00t! shame its a little late for me
        Darn. Hey, which map did you help make again?

Originally posted by zuiquan1 View Post
        will this be today, or was it yesterday?

If I haven't missed it, I would love to attend.
        It's tomorrow, Wednesday. Thanks for pointing that out. We'd love to have you join us. I love your mod.

We're having some trouble getting this working on our server. Stay tuned, as we may have to relocate to the Battleship official server (official?).

Comment

Originally posted by MathU View Post
          Darn. Hey, which map did you help make again?

I just gave them the info on how to make a scale 8 map, but that info i relized after wasnt used in the first release, thou i hear they are for the 2nd release maybe

Comment

Originally posted by Rhino
            I just gave them the info on how to make a scale 8 map, but that info i relized after wasnt used in the first release, thou i hear they are for the 2nd release maybe

ALso, for this might be a bit late but for those having trouble with installing I put together a custom installer for it.

Its still a beta, and I havent tested it out fully but it should work...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1GIU46L9

Comment

Okay, we can't get it working. We're switching over to the BattleShips 0.32 server, with IP address 76.172.156.118, port 16563.

We'll be playing this again on Sunday night at 9:00 pm EST, in case anyone's interested.

Comment

Damn i missed it.

Comment

Working...
                X