Cannot find installation folder.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot find installation folder.

I won't go in to the deatils of just getting the 1.41 patch and then trying to post about the problem over at EA forums, suffice to say after having to register no less than 4 times I am not at all happy with EA at the moment.

On to business firstly I've played Oblivion and Stalker so I am no stranger to buggy games and the need to patch and request support but the problem with patching this game just seems stupid.

An error message saying it can't find the installation folder for a game that I installed directly from the CD to the default directory chosen by the CD is breathtakingly stupid.

The thing is I've searched around, like I said I've done this before. I've read the reg edits that are needed. Mine didn't have the backslash problem and the install info was correct however the key data InstallDir wasn't present. I've attempt installing the patch from three seperate locations; inside the BF2directory, from desktop and from my generic download folder. I've tried the CMD line patch method, despite this only being recommened for Patch Failed issues. I am a bit lost, I've never had issues with patches not wokring before I always thought patches were suppossed to solve problems not create new ones all by themselves.

The thing is looking about this problem seems to be something that has occured right from the off, I am utterly stunned that after 1.41 versions and 532Mb of patch that they haven't solved this.

I'll give the usual tech specs to see if anything else can help.

Game version - BF2 Deluxe Edition
    Patch Version - 1.41
    Os - Windows XP Sp2 (fully updated)
    Pc - C2D E6600, 8800GTS, 2 Gig Ram, Soundblaster X-fi, 160MB HD (70Gig free)

Re: Cannot find installation folder.

Start > Run > regedit > HKEY_Local_Machine > Software > Electronic Arts > EA Games > Battlefield 2 > Double Click " InstallDir " change the drive letter if the path is default.

in the window on the right,, right click > add > string value,, name it " InstallDir " , then double click it and in the Value box put " C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2 " change C to your drive letter,

^^ i hope

Comment

Re: Cannot find installation folder.

Nice work man. All the other guides seemed to ask you to create that InstallDir keystring in another location within the registry, I dunno maybe I just wasn't reading them right. It's patching as I type this hopefully I won't get any of the other numerous errors I've been reading about.

*As I typed that a message popped up saying it had completed installation, let's run the game and see what's what then, again thanks much appreciated.*

Comment

Working...
      X