Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

still keeps crashing, and my stats wont update.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• still keeps crashing, and my stats wont update.

Ok, this has been going on for months now, and ive done everything i could think of to try and stop it. I've changed my audio acceleration, reinstalled, updated drivers etc. It just keeps crashing at random times in the game, and now I've noticed that my stats wont update on any site, or bfhq, which pisses me off even more because i should have hit gunnery yesterday, and i even got some badges/medals since then. I havent played in a while, and maybe EA did something to the stats...
    ok, stats is ok, but i would like some help with my crashing problem.

any help at ALL?

Re: still keeps crashing

bump for hope of saving this game from being hucked out my window?

Comment

Re: still keeps crashing, and my stats wont update.

Do you mind posting your pc specs?

Comment

sure, and huzzah it updated and i got gunnery!

here goes: gig of ram
        intel core 2 extreme (going to replace this in about a month)
        NIVIDIA Geforce 7300 GT (up to date drivers)
        260 HDD
        XP, mouse, exists, etc.

Comment

k, this is wat fixed the random crash for me.
          It seemed like my PSU couldent handle the hardware so i ahd to upgrade my psu, no mo crasherus!

Comment

Originally posted by DeadCRAP_ View Post
            k, this is wat fixed the random crash for me.
            It seemed like my PSU couldent handle the hardware so i ahd to upgrade my psu, no mo crasherus!
            Dito, I kept poping off like a light switch, i tried everyting, got a new PSU, and a bigger one that come in this POS and i havent crashed anymore, only once on the new tampa mapp & i think its cause i didnt hahve the latest version, i mean i crashed like atleast couple times a week, sometimes more , sometimes less, but no more crashes.

besta luck

Comment

well, apparently if i reinstall it thrice, it works fine now.

nevermind, its happening more often now, i can get through one game at the most, then it crashes right then. i really need some help with this one, any way i can improve, or help my current psu?

Comment

Originally posted by Pvt.Church View Post
                well, apparently if i reinstall it thrice, it works fine now.

nevermind, its happening more often now, i can get through one game at the most, then it crashes right then. i really need some help with this one, any way i can improve, or help my current psu?
                If their is I have no idea how to do it, other than replace it, how many watt is it? theirs a sticker on it should tell. might not be your problem but i'm betting it is because that used to happn to me till i got me a new PSU. kinda like when the juice goes out at home, nuttin work's good

if you could afford it i'd get atleast another gig of ram, that Gforce card is probably taking a little more power than the system can handle at peak times, until you can figure it out, try makin sure nothing else is runnin while you play our game, except virus protection of course.

besta luck

Comment

[QUOTE=opc_tim;1498127] try makin sure nothing else is runnin while you play our game, except virus protection of course /QUOTE]

yeah but i have also found depending on your antivirus software, you can be getting headaches from that too.

norton antivirus is a memory hog, and it gets into everything. rtvscan from nav is currently causing problems on my system. also norton will not let you shut it completely down....eventhough i have tried.

nav also does a lot of behind the scences things and runs processes you dont see and i have had norton break me out of bf2 games too, so becareful about running even antivirus software in the background.

as far as general crash causes....
                  1. drivers...update or even roll back drivers to your system is happy
                  2. virus and spyware...remove asap
                  3. corrupted file....need fresh bf2 install
                  4. corrupt patching or downloads ....only download from ea only use full patches
                  5. system clutter...clean your temps, caches, internet files, cookies and run defrag and clean the registry
                  6. graphics or audio settings in game....adjust settings until ur machine likes what you have told it to operate at
                  7. last resort is to upgrade your pc.....i know people with brand new systems still having crashes so do not run out and buy new stuff cause you might be out money and still have major crashes with your new components

good luck

Comment

[QUOTE=kulamonster3;1498138]
                    Originally posted by opc_tim View Post
                    try makin sure nothing else is runnin while you play our game, except virus protection of course /QUOTE]

yeah but i have also found depending on your antivirus software, you can be getting headaches from that too.

norton antivirus is a memory hog, and it gets into everything. rtvscan from nav is currently causing problems on my system. also norton will not let you shut it completely down....eventhough i have tried.

nav also does a lot of behind the scences things and runs processes you dont see and i have had norton break me out of bf2 games too, so becareful about running even antivirus software in the background.

as far as general crash causes....
                    1. drivers...update or even roll back drivers to your system is happy
                    2. virus and spyware...remove asap
                    3. corrupted file....need fresh bf2 install
                    4. corrupt patching or downloads ....only download from ea only use full patches
                    5. system clutter...clean your temps, caches, internet files, cookies and run defrag and clean the registry
                    6. graphics or audio settings in game....adjust settings until ur machine likes what you have told it to operate at
                    7. last resort is to upgrade your pc.....i know people with brand new systems still having crashes so do not run out and buy new stuff cause you might be out money and still have major crashes with your new components

good luck
                    all good points, but before i'd shut down my internet security i'd upgrade my ram, or what ever it is causeing the problem.
                    no security=worse problems.
                    I use kaspersky, its never that i know of shut down my game, like i said above i had that problem, all my ram& system is in good shape, i updated my PSU & aint had problem since. maybe not/is his problem though

Comment

ok, ive upgraded my psu, reinstalled bf2, upgraded and downgraded my drivers, changed sound quality to minimal, changed ingame settings to below low and it STILL keeps crashing. now its even happening faster than ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Pvt.Church
                        ok, ive upgraded my psu, reinstalled bf2, upgraded and downgraded my drivers, changed sound quality to minimal, changed ingame settings to below low and it STILL keeps crashing. now its even happening faster than ever.
                        do you have a pirated game? if you have bought the cd, when u put cd in it gives u a list that says "easy info" hit that & see if you pass everyting in there.

did u get a larger PSU?

Does any other game or programs do that? or just bf2?

when it crashes does it like disappear? or you get a error message?

have u tried reinstalling the newest patch? sometimes those dowloads get corupt.

something sure is weird , especially if you could play it before, or could you i cant remember?

you may have stick of memory or something going bad, i'd do lotsa scan's, & checks which im sure you have, but dig deeper, maybe someone that knows more will post to help.

hey try this sight to see if it shows anything, its very nice sight to have just hit drop down box & find bf2
                        Check your system requirements. Can I Run it? Test your specs and rate your gamimg PC.

besta luck again.

Comment

Working...
                        X