1 shot kill on tank?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 shot kill on tank?

OK, firstly i have only ever had this happen on Highway Tampa but a few times now. i would be in a tank that had full 'health' and from one turret shot my tank would blow up. now ive seen the vids of when the shell bounces off the armour to deal 2x damage, and with the stationary TOW i have found a certain spot to get the one shot kill (under the tank into the side of the tracks- im guessing it hits in 2 places at same time?)
    but yeh this is at a full speed charge where there is no way they would have time to line up a shot like that

Re: 1 shot kill on tank?

"Is where the turret meets the tank the weakest spot? Yes and no. The weakest point is where the tanks main gun attaches to the tank. On the bottom there is a very tiny spot you can hit which can cause up to 14 damage (out of 20) with another tank. It can only be hit if the tank if the main gun is pointing upward on a USMC tank. The other two tanks (PLA AND MEC)can be hit in this spot no matter where the main gun is. This gives the American Main battle tank a big advantage.

Is there a one shot kill? Yes there is. Its located to the right and left of the main turret on the front. Placing a tank shell there will cause significant damage and in some cases and instant kill. The spot is not hard to hit and in most cases takes all by 4 out of 20 health bars.

There is a one shot kill on the APC tires its not practical but it can be hit with luck and practice. "

Copied and pasted from a site.

http://www.secretsofbattlefield.com/hitpoints.php

Comment

Originally posted by Ins View Post
      "Is where the turret meets the tank the weakest spot? Yes and no. The weakest point is where the tanks main gun attaches to the tank. On the bottom there is a very tiny spot you can hit which can cause up to 14 damage (out of 20) with another tank. It can only be hit if the tank if the main gun is pointing upward on a USMC tank. The other two tanks (PLA AND MEC)can be hit in this spot no matter where the main gun is. This gives the American Main battle tank a big advantage.

Is there a one shot kill? Yes there is. Its located to the right and left of the main turret on the front. Placing a tank shell there will cause significant damage and in some cases and instant kill. The spot is not hard to hit and in most cases takes all by 4 out of 20 health bars.

There is a one shot kill on the APC tires its not practical but it can be hit with luck and practice. "

Copied and pasted from a site.

http://www.secretsofbattlefield.com/hitpoints.php

what he said to a tee, problem is afaik the tank your shooting has to be on a tiny bit of an angle for your shell to deflect and hit it twice, also its alot easier to do if the other tank is MT, as they get damaged quicker than occupied tanks, now if the guy is one shotting you over and over again from full health and from many angles then it is cause for hmm how is that possible, never heard of a tank hack or anything but ive seen tanks one shotted by the same person a few times, only probably 2 times ever though, i have been one shotted lots but rarely twice by the same guy.

Comment

Yes, you can. I was shot myself once when another tank hit somewhere under my tank when I was driving on the hill

Comment

i've done it a few times, all of them a fluke

and i've had it done to me, but like sydus said never by the same person

Comment

I can normaly get 2 shot kills , 1 shot kills in my opinion are very rare

Comment

i am so unlucky. I went in a local server to see for myself. It took me like 18 tries to get it the first time, on a STATIONARY TANK, POINT BLANK. yesterday i was playing tampa and i get shell'ed the crap out of with a single blow. from like 40 metres.

i guess i suck in tanks because i really do bad on tampa.

as for the shell thing, i think theres no real way to master it. The easiest method i use is aim for the tracks.

and about the TOW, i think it one shot kills tanks if it hits the tracks, they are really powerful.

Comment

i knew that of the two points in front of the tank, but under the tank in the side of the tracks is a new one, and that point from the main gun also

Comment

so that is how all those times they have got me.

Comment

ah ok thanks guys, i just wanted to check it was all legit an all.
                    yeh ghost it took some practice in a LAN server just to get accustomed with weak spots, it was just by chance i found the 1 hit kill with the TOW.

oh and is that to say that each army's tanks have different levels of armour then?

Comment

Practice?

Comment

Working...
                      X