Weapon Sounds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weapon Sounds

Hey, this is my first post here. I am trying to change the weapon sounds in the Objects_Client.zip folder in the main BF2 directory. So far i have figured out how to get the right decibel levels and they seem to work great on single fire weapons (e.g. Pistols, Sniper Rifles, and other weapons on Semi-Automatic). However, when I fire them on full auto or 3-round burst, the sounds are delayed by about a second between each fire sound. Example: I fire a weapon on full auto, and I hear the fire sound on the first round but I do not hear the fire sound on the second round until i have already fired another five or six rounds. Does anyone know why it does this and is it something that has to be changed in a config file?

Re: Weapon Sounds

The sound for 1p & 3p single shot sounds need to be short. Around 1 second. If they are any longer, then they will not sound right when firing full-auto.

Comment

the way burst fire sounds work is battlefield telling the wav file to loop three times per click.

automatic is battlefield telling the wav to constantly loop.

these sounds need to sync with the gun action

for instance a reload takes about 5 seconds so the animation plays a animation that runs in five seconds. then the sound designer took that animation and synced the sounds for the actions within that five seconds

in no way is the reload sounds dynamic the are only synced same as the bullets.

your problem is bad syncing that's all.

also so you know if you modify your original bf2 folder you will no longer be able to play ranked. as punk buster will measure the size of the zip file and compare it with the database is the file sizes don't match up it will say "you have a modified content version"

Comment

That's not a problem though, just make sure your "Sound Mod" is loaded from a dif. folder ( e.g. C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\BF2_Custom_Sounds ) or something along those lines. This will allow you and the folks who download your MOD to launch it seperately from the normal BF2, allowing people to have the normal BF2 folder intact, allowing for online play. Also don't forget to include a working BF2 desktop shortcut for the user. ( e.g. "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +modPath mods/BF2_Custom_Sounds )

Comment

Working...
        X