Highway Tampa map - getting booted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highway Tampa map - getting booted

Anyone else getting booted just before they would be able to get into map? It loads and everything, just not engaging correctly at tehe end of loading and it boots me out of game.

Should I reinstall bf2?

Re: Highway Tampa map - getting booted

Originally posted by Solodon View Post
    Anyone else getting booted just before they would be able to get into map? It loads and everything, just not engaging correctly at tehe end of loading and it boots me out of game.

Should I reinstall bf2?
    You seem to be trying to enter a beta server if you have the official or a official server if your still using the beta.... now for a unmodified content boot I had to do the below:

What i had to do was go into the levels folder just delete the folder of it.. then re-run the executable again... then re-run the 1.41 patch.

Comment

OK, please forgive my noobness. How do i locate that map folder on my hd?

Comment

wat he means i believe is that he is crashing. its happening to me too. i just dont care enough to try to fix it.

wake & kubra FTW

Comment

I didn't know there was an official version of the Tampa map...

Comment

Be sure that if you are using the beta version of the map, that you play on a server with the beta version. If you have the final version, you'll have to play on a server with the final version. Playing on a server with a different version will most likely crash your game.

I'm going to assume that most servers are running the final version now, so download and install the final version of Highway Tampa.

Comment

I have a question. Well a few questions. First when we Down load the final version of the tampa map do we just install it or do we need to uninstall the Bata tampa first? If we get it installed and want to play it how are all the servers running the final map Identified? If we have the same version of tampa that the server is running will we still have a CTD? Does the fix listed above fix the CTD?

I have a good Idea what to do for all the above but I thought that I would get all the usual questions, that the new people ask, out of the way in one post. Also I have been answering a lot of questions lately and just thought that I would let someone else have all the fun. . . . . . . . .Red

Comment

AGAIN:

If your getting a CTD after fully loading the map then try a different server cause that one isn't playing the Official.

If your getting "Unmodified content" PB booting then you need to remove the map folder which is located in the Battlefield 2 levels folder. Then re apply the executable, repatch with 1.41 then reboot and try again.

Just wishEA made the other one not work once this one was released to avoid this confusion.

Comment

Whoever made this map needs to get shot.

Comment

Originally posted by sava700 View Post
                    You seem to be trying to enter a beta server if you have the official or a official server if your still using the beta.... now for a unmodified content boot I had to do the below:

What i had to do was go into the levels folder just delete the folder of it.. then re-run the executable again... then re-run the 1.41 patch.

I am going to try that out...i guess i should have thought that it wouldn't install cleanly....I forgot about the 'ole EA update and repatch procedure ....

Comment

I wasnt trying to be stupid. I just wanted to make sure that all the info someone might need was on the first page this time. Thanks SAVA700. You da man (I think, If your a girl sorry and woops) . . . . . . . .Red

Comment

stupid ea. They make both maps the same exact name, they could have atleast made the beta "Highway Tampa Beta." now its all confusing. How will they rid of the beta? they screwd themselves. I dont know which server to enter now.

i agree with weezer, i dont care.

Comment

Originally posted by Solodon View Post
                          OK, please forgive my noobness. How do i locate that map folder on my hd?
                          dont think anyone answered you yet so go here

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Levels

Comment

^^^^ah providing he installed the game in the default folder!! :laugh:

Comment

i deleted the map, reinstalled it and re-patched to 1.41...works fine now....give it a shot

Comment

Working...
                              X