best bf2 mod atm ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best bf2 mod atm ?

what would be the best bf2 mod for me at the moment ?
    i want something modern to date (set around 1999+) and that has good weapons, and one that doesnt lag much or dosnt have many bugs or problems...

im used to playing medal of honor: allied assault so i would like there to be buildings and good places to hide/snipe but also some open grass land/dead man zones etc ..

i have been looking at Desert Conflict and Northen Conflict the most .. would these mods be any good for what im looking for?

also which one of the two (DC and NC) have the most online players ?

cheers
    josh

Re: best bf2 mod atm ?

personally my choice would be point of existence 2. lots of great new vehicles and some of the best maps to ever grace the bf2 engine not to mention pickup kits on every map. its definitely worth trying out but id also recommend you try desert conflict as well. project reality can be a little overwhelming for the first time player, its all about realism and teamwork, no run and gun in it.

youll find a few poe2 servers up all the time, usually a few in Germany and the TG server gets filled up in late afternoon for the us players. dcon is down to about 3 servers now but theres still plenty of fun to be had. also both of these mods have a update in the works that will shock paddle the players back to life.

northern conflict hasn't been released yet.

Comment

Battleracer! Yeah, you can get burn out on it quick, but hey it is a fun rush when you are on it.

LOL, ok, sorry, I know it is really not what you asked for. But PR is quite fun and seems to have a decent draw. Also, if you want to consider BF2c as a mod, it is pretty good aswell.

Comment

PoE2.

Comment

racerjosh, give Desert Conflict a go. We are working hard to release a patch which is coming out soon. The patch will include fixes/tweaks, maps and few more goodies. If you have any question, join our community and post away, or you can always PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by CATIA View Post
            racerjosh, give Desert Conflict a go. We are working hard to release a patch which is coming out soon. The patch will include fixes/tweaks, maps and few more goodies. If you have any question, join our community and post away, or you can always PM me.
            Desert Conflict is the dogs bollocks. It rocks my socks. I love the tuned black hawk with rockets and the little bird. I just wish the Apache was a little bit less sensitive.

Comment

project reality is my pick. tho i havent played in a while since ive been just waiting for .6 to be released.

Comment

Department Store Battles!

Probably not the best, but it's certainly the most unique.

Here is a video I put together that shows off a few cool things about it.

Stream or download video HERE

Download Mod Here

for more info, visit their website Here.

Comment

And also :

Operation PeaceKeeper
                  : about germany in kosovo
                  US-Intervention : about golfwar

You can still download Modjive which will help you to dl mods and get infos easily about them :

Comment

project reality is the best all-rounder
                    a great arcade gaming experience which is leaps and bounds more intense and tactical than the vanilla game. more enjoyable too.

Comment

I was expecting more from Peacekeeper.
                      Desert Conflict is just ok, like the mobile rocket launcher
                      I really like Project Reality, great graphics, must teamplay etc.
                      But quite difficult though.

But my vote goes to BlackOpsMercenaries (BOM-SF)
                      Great mod, LOADS of maps.
                      Awesome weapons, and great AI-bots
                      Not many servers (yet), but is fastly growing.

Comment

project reality, don't listen to anyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Seth_Soldier View Post
                          And also :

US-Intervention : about golfwar
                          Sweet, can I play as Tiger Woods?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Gooch
                            Department Store Battles!

Probably not the best, but it's certainly the most unique.

Here is a video I put together that shows off a few cool things about it.

Stream or download video HERE

Download Mod Here

for more info, visit their website Here.
                            BF2 ASSAULT FTW. sharqi NIGHT MAP (need i say more?)
                            those choppers are bloody INSANE, for pure fun (single player only ATM) and wicked maps. online POE/PR/DC the big ones, and the farest from Vanilla BF2 you can get.

Comment

Originally posted by SyDuS View Post
                              BF2 ASSAULT FTW. sharqi NIGHT MAP (need i say more?)
                              The BOM-SF mod I mentioned earlier has a Karkand NIGHT MAP
                              Night maps are ace. Should be in vanilla as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X