No night map servers? I'm sad :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No night map servers? I'm sad :(

When I first got Special Forces (A looong time ago), I clearly remember 24/7 Night Maps servers. Now, this was before the population of BF2 dipped down lower, but still, I expect at least a FEW of these servers left. I remember Night maps as being great...there is space for intense vehicle AND infantry combat, and having to use Night Vision just adds that extra bit of strategy.

I open up my BF2:SF, lo and behold the legion of Warlord and Ghost town IO maps. Now, I think they're both great maps, but to have them all over is horrible. You've got Surge and Mass Destruction here and there (which is a GOOD thing), but where are all the night maps? I've looked around and they're barely played.

Re: No night map servers? I'm sad

Originally posted by Killaer View Post
    When I first got Special Forces (A looong time ago), I clearly remember 24/7 Night Maps servers. Now, this was before the population of BF2 dipped down lower, but still, I expect at least a FEW of these servers left. I remember Night maps as being great...there is space for intense vehicle AND infantry combat, and having to use Night Vision just adds that extra bit of strategy.

I open up my BF2:SF, lo and behold the legion of Warlord and Ghost town IO maps. Now, I think they're both great maps, but to have them all over is horrible. You've got Surge and Mass Destruction here and there (which is a GOOD thing), but where are all the night maps? I've looked around and they're barely played.
    Hmm, well I understand why you would be upset, and the fact that there are few good servers left on SF that have a wide map variety, the night maps (to me) seemed to be fun for tactics but for action and gameplay they seemed to fall through the cracks. I love Warlord, it's one of my favorite maps but just keep looking... I guess.

Comment

there are still a few out there.

"Crunch's First Officer"
      twitter: @signaprime

Comment

when our server runs SF IO we got devils perch, and with peruasion i might host it as 24/7 night maps

i'm on atm, on devils

Comment

I think people don't like running night maps, because no one knows how to hit the 7 key for night vision.

Comment

I hate all the complaints about night maps, there awesome. I love sniping as it actually does take skill, bring back the night maps! and i might reinstall SF.

Comment

The night maps rock! I'm so sick of Ghost Town and Warlord, I really hope there is a night only server somewhere. Those were what made SF fun.:guns:

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Missle View Post
                The night maps rock! I'm so sick of Ghost Town and Warlord, I really hope there is a night only server somewhere. Those were what made SF fun.:guns:
                I aguee, there is just way too many Ghost town and Warlord servers.
                I wish more servers would run Iron Gator, Surge, Leviathan, and Mass Destruction

Comment

We have added a Night Maps Server back to our =SF= Ranked Server Line-up.

Ranked:
                  IP: 69.65.15.175 Battlefield 2: Armored Fury (64 slots)
                  IP: 69.65.15.185 Battlefield 2: Highway Tampa [Final] 24/7 (64 slots)
                  IP: 69.65.15.194 Battlefield 2: Euro Forces 24/7 (64 slots)
                  IP: 69.65.15.197 Battlefield 2: SF Night Maps 24/7 (32 slots)
                  IP: 69.65.15.204 Battlefield 2: SF Mass Destruction, Surge, Warlord 24/7 (64 slots)
                  IP: 69.65.15.208 Battlefield 2: SF Ghost Town 24/7 (32 slots)

Unranked:
                  IP: 66.225.194.218 Battlefield 2: Racermod (64 slots)
                  IP: 66.225.194.219 Battlefield 2: Project Reality (64 slots)

Comment

Cool deal Wes-dog, will definitely check out your night server! :yay:

Comment

Hey Wes Dog, why'd you change your Special forces: Surge-Ghost Town-Mass Destruction server to Ghost Town only? I loved that server and there are plenty of Ghost Towns out there!

Comment

Originally posted by Rob848 View Post
                        Hey Wes Dog, why'd you change your Special forces: Surge-Ghost Town-Mass Destruction server to Ghost Town only? I loved that server and there are plenty of Ghost Towns out there!
                        We lowered the slots down to 32 for that server and made it GT only for now. We will be changing one of our Highway Tampa servers into a Special Forces Server with more maps soon. We have been running the beta test of the Highway Tampa map and those servers stay full but the popularity will begin to fade soon as people get burned out on it. Thanks for playing with us and offering input as we do listen and make changes when we can.

Well last night 3 of our members tried to get Night Maps going but no luck. The people that did join immediately left when they saw no game going :-(

We are going to try again this evening.

Comment

Good, I have a slow internet connection and I always seem to get my best pings on your servers, plus there was always a good game going in your special forces server at night. I've had a lot of fun there and I'm looking forward to the Higway Tampa -> SF change!

I'll try and be at the night map server tonight.

btw, where are your servers located, Chicago?

Comment

Originally posted by Rob848 View Post
                            Good, I have a slow internet connection and I always seem to get my best pings on your servers, plus there was always a good game going in your special forces server at night. I've had a lot of fun there and I'm looking forward to the Higway Tampa -> SF change!

I'll try and be at the night map server tonight.

btw, where are your servers located, Chicago?
                            Yes all of our servers are located in Chicago

We tried again yesterday and was unsuccessful at getting a game going. We are going to try for a few more days and then move on uf the server sits empty. It's amazing in a hour time how many people join the server, see no game is going and quit. If people would wait around 10-15 minutes we could get a game underway.

Comment

Originally posted by Eye_of_god View Post
                              I think people don't like running night maps, because no one knows how to hit the 7 key for night vision.
                              Night vision is also known to slow down your computer, plus it's a hassle.

Comment

Working...
                              X