Problem with battlefield 2 1.41 patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with battlefield 2 1.41 patch

I am trying to run the 1.41 patch to update my battlefield 2 game. However, it does not run because the program tells me that I am not an administrator on my computer (I use Windows XP btw). To top it all off, I have only one profile on my computer, so I should be an administrator anyway. I tried running the patch as an administrator; however, I don't know the administrator password (I never even set one). Anyone help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Re: Problem with battlefield 2 1.41 patch

did you try typing in nothing and then pressing ok or enter? is it your personal computer and are you the only one who uses it?

Comment

Originally posted by DesertFalcon View Post
      did you try typing in nothing and then pressing ok or enter? is it your personal computer and are you the only one who uses it?
      It is my computer and there are some other people who use it, but I can not see why I would not be the administrator due to the fact there is only one profile. On a second note, I don't understand why I would even need to be an administrator to run the patch.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalashnikov View Post
        It is my computer and there are some other people who use it, but I can not see why I would not be the administrator due to the fact there is only one profile. On a second note, I don't understand why I would even need to be an administrator to run the patch.
        I had a simmilar problem awhile back if nobody has an administrator account and you need a password just leave the pass box blank and hit enter that should work then you can go into control panel and change permisions there

Comment

God hates you.

Comment

Originally posted by Entertayner View Post
            God hates you.
            lol so do whoever stopped him being admin...lol

Comment

Originally posted by Kalashnikov View Post
              I am trying to run the 1.41 patch to update my battlefield 2 game. However, it does not run because the program tells me that I am not an administrator on my computer (I use Windows XP btw). To top it all off, I have only one profile on my computer, so I should be an administrator anyway. I tried running the patch as an administrator; however, I don't know the administrator password (I never even set one). Anyone help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
              Just right click the program and click "Run As..", change user to admin.

Username will be : Administrator
              Password : Blank or whatever you changed it to ( Most have it as Admin )

Comment

Working...
              X