• Show
Clear All

• It's official

Quakewars>BF2

Re: It's official

Dude, you should have gone to TBF2 vs BF2S that'd have been epic >:3

Comment

I quit bf2. I can't take the game anymore, otherwise, I would be happy to play. Also desertfalcon(?) hates me, so i wouldn't be able to do anything good

Comment

I saw SS's of quakewars.. looked like **** graphics..

Also I know someone that couldn't even load into the game because it was so buggy...

Have not heard one positive thing about it so far.

The sh*t SS came from someone with a Mark06 score of like 13,000 so it's on all high... lmao

Comment

Originally posted by metallicaguitrst View Post
          I saw SS's of quakewars.. looked like **** graphics..

Also I know someone that couldn't even load into the game because it was so buggy...

Have not heard one positive thing about it so far.

The sh*t SS came from someone with a Mark06 score of like 13,000 so it's on all high... lmao
          The graphics where bumped down so the DL wasn't so big.

And for me, there was about as many bugs in it as BF2... and its a beta.

And there are many positive things about it, like how it doesn't suck like BF2.

Look at this article written by someone on the CAL forums.

The very first day I played QuakeWars I hated it. I gave it another chance and played it again and tried learning the game this time and fell in love. Its all about change , the game doesn't revolve around killing people or capping flags. The main thing you want to do is learn the map , learn the objectives and what you have to do to complete them. Learn the classes and exactly how they perform , pretty soon you will be running around with teammates with the most teamwork intensive gameplay you have ever tried. There is such a better teamwork aspect in QuakeWars than any game I have ever tried. Now that doesn't mean you can't just run around and kill people to help your team out , but there is just so many more ways to do things that can help benefit your team.

Obviously playing in a public server is going to be a whole lot different than scrimming against a organized team. And I know for most of you people reading this thats what its all about, competition. You will deffinatly see that top teams in this game sharing a few qualities.

1.Aim/reflexes - This has to be the number one factor here imo. Without this even teams with the best strats will fall short on execution.

2.Inteligence - In a close 2nd comes how smart a team/player can handle different situations. Even if you are the best player in the world when you play a team that can out think you, your individual talent won't beable to overcome this factor.

3.Teamwork - Similar to how smart your team plays , but mainly its how well everyone plays together as a group. Even one bad apple can ruin a push because he decided to kill the guy that just shot your buddy instead of going for the revive.

I think we will see alot of teams in Quakewars that are extremly good at one or two things but be terrible at the third. Some teams will be balanced between all three categories, but not as good as other teams at one particular thing. Right now I would say Battlefield series teams will have alot of trouble with the #3 the teamwork aspect of things. You will need to beable to comunicate like players in counterstrike , sync pushes together , call kits out on the fly, make seperate timed pushes all while killing the enemy and doing an objective. You will see some of the most intensive gameplay out of any game you have ever played. To say its extremly fun is a under statement.

Just based off of first impressions there will probaly be alot of players that just don't like a objective style of gameplay. In conquest style you could run around bypassing the enemy to take control of flags , there was very little teamwork involved. With QuakeWars you will see upfront action , entire teams defending a objective and the opposite team trying to setup a large push to over take them. In the Battlefield series one or two good players could change the flow of the game, however in QuakeWars you will need each individual player providing some assistance to accomplish your goal. Thats not to say if your extremley good you won't beable to dominate the other team. There is just so much teamwork that goes into attacking or defending that a single player will need the help of his team to get things done. Alot of this is from the balanced class arrangements. Unlinke Battlefield , you will need to use each and every class to do a particular objective. You will not see medic/at being the only kits used, which will bring a huge difference in the two games.

- GDF -

1.Assault - Plant bombs to destroy objectives. They get body armor and extra health. Also they get to choose from almost every weapon available to use. Starts off with full ammo.

2.Medic - Revives and heals teammates. Can also deploy a supply crate which gives ammo/health to teammates. No body armor , and only start off with 2 clips of ammo. Instant revives . Get a Assault rifle or shotgun with reduced rate of fire. Support class.

3.Enginneer - Repairs different objectives, Difuses bombs planted by opposing teams. Repairs vehicles . Can deploy 3 different turrents. Anti Vehicle , Anti Infantry, or Anti Arty. Low rate of fire assault rifle or shotgun. Can get a flak jacket.Can use Trip mines / proximity mines

4.Field Ops - Gives ammo to teammates. Artillery class. 3 Deployables , Artillery(Anti Infantry) , Rocket(Locks onto vehicles) Arty , Hammer (Huge splash radius kills everything) Can call a instant airstrike (Vampire). Low rate of fire assault rifle. Support class.

5.Covert Ops - Hacks Objectives. Deploys radar(similar to uav) Can disable turrents by hacking them or use a EMP grenade. Gets a sniper rifle or accurised rifle (lowest rate of fire). Can use a Third eye camera ( its like a piece of c4 that you have a camera on so you know when to blow it up). You can also steal a Strogg skin with this class to disguise yourself. Can instant backstab someone with one swing.

- Strogg -

1.Aggressor - Plant bombs to destroy objectives. They get body armor and extra health. Also they get to choose from almost every weapon available to use. Starts off with full ammo. Can Stroy up ( Transfers ammo to health )

2.Technician - Similar to the GDF Medic. Creates spawnhosts on dead GDF players and can revive teammates(alot slower than GDF) Has Stroyent pills that gives health and ammo to teammates.Choose from Lacerator or nailgun. Support class

3.Constructor - Almost identical to GDF Enginneer. Repairs different objectives, Difuses bombs planted by opposing teams. Repairs vehicles . Can deploy 3 different turrents. Anti Vehicle , Anti Infantry, or Anti Arty. Low rate of fire assault rifle or shotgun. Can get a flak jacket. Can use Trip mines / proximity mines.

4.Oppressors - Almost identical to GDF Field Ops class. Artillery class. 3 Deployables , RailHowitzer(Anti Infantry) , PlasmaMortar(Locks onto vehicles) Arty , DarkMatter Canno (Huge splash radius kills everything) Can call in a instant airstrike (Violator) . Low rate of fire lacerator . Can use tactical shields for cover. Support class.

5.Infiltrator - Similar to GDF Cover Ops. Hacks objectives . Deploys radar . Disables turrents by hacking or EMP grenades. Can use a Flyer Drone( Remote controlled flying bomb) Also has the teleporter (instantly teleports you to another location previously with placed beacon) Can steal GDF skin and instantly backstab enemies. Gets the railgun or accurized lacerator.

If you hated poor kit selection , running around maps not being able to find someone to shoot, hitboxes and guns that work. A real rock paper and scissors effect game that provides intense gameplay with frontline action, you will certainly enjoy Quakewars. This game will take team play to a whole nother level. And I belive it will be the next big competitive game that tournaments/lans have been waiting for.

There will be some people who just hate this game with a passion , some will be Bf2 players who just don't want to let conquest mode go. Others will be the ones who can't keep up with a fast pased action game with bunny hopping and jumping/shooting. Some will have legitamate reasons for not liking it , but from all the complaining I have ever seen done about one particular game being buggy and having horrible gameplay , I don't see how anyone would not like a more balance game with less bugs.

QuakeWars for the win !

Comment

quake sucks man, i played the beta, the speed of the soldiers is plain stupid, the gun sounds are lame and the weapons dont look so cool

Comment

Frontlines>Quake Wars...

Comment

The main thing I don't like about QW is the feel to it. Counterstrike for example has the right feel, movement is crisp and precise. QW feels awkward and wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by zuiquan1
                  Frontlines>Quake Wars...
                  :yay: :yay:

Comment

Is this a troll/flame thread? Sounds like the topic creator is just trying to rile up the fans of BF2 for the worse. Why would you come on this site spouting rubbish? It is quite the useless thread, like all of your threads.

If you don't like BF2, then just stop playing it monk. No need to make sure everyone on this site knows about it. I for one would be happy if I never heard another mundane, transparent, antagonising, self-important post from you.

This thread should be locked, imo, as it is not at all constructive and is a flame from the get go. In fact, I'd ban you from all total sites if I had the button.

Comment

eh.............I'll let it go a little more, I see some constructive things in here.

But lets keep it peaceful, k? :nod:

--Moved to General Gaming--

Comment

It if moves whiners of BF2 away, I'm all happy for it. Meanwhile, I'm still sticking to BF2

Comment

The game is just akward playing. Ill just stick with BF2 and maybe get the new medal of honor and call of duty games.

Comment

Originally posted by Bird Killer
                            It if moves whiners of BF2 away, I'm all happy for it. Meanwhile, I'm still sticking to BF2
                            Hope it's the other way round

All they need to do is iron out the 5 zillion bugs, gun sounds, vehicle movements, buff up the graphics, fix megatexture zoom,... *snore* ... and it'll kick *** like never before.

Comment

WOW !!!!!!!!!

The FIELD OPS and INFILTRATOR sounds the COOOOOLEST!!!!!

I am going to buy this game!

Comment

Working...
                              X