does the artillary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does the artillary

does the artillary have a set configuration when it hits a place, or are the shots always random

Re: does the artillary

there are probably a few different configurations

so you never know which one is gona be used on you since they are probably chosen randomly

hope that makes sence

Comment

do you mean when the arty falls does each shell hit in a specific place based on where the crosshairs was aligned on the commander screen?

Comment

There is no way, afaik, to predict how artillary will fall. Where-ever you click for artillary will be the center of the blast radius.

Comment

weeeellll ...thats not exactly true. You can click the cross-hairs on the middle of a carrier, and most shells land in the water. I find if I click just to one side, I hit targets better. Example, the street in front of the hotel flag in Karkand, instead of right on the flag, and actually just out in the water toward land, to hit the carrier on Dallian. I think most shells land in the radius, rather than on the spot, but the pattern is random and probably has a few different choices. Experiment a little with it, click on the target you want, then zoom in and see where they land. I think after a few tries, you will see a good rule-of-thumb, of where to aim.

Comment

Yeah, kinda like the spply crates; they never land where you click. So you have to compinsate for it.

Comment

Originally posted by (TM)KillJoy View Post
              weeeellll ...thats not exactly true. You can click the cross-hairs on the middle of a carrier, and most shells land in the water. I find if I click just to one side, I hit targets better. Example, the street in front of the hotel flag in Karkand, instead of right on the flag, and actually just out in the water toward land, to hit the carrier on Dallian. I think most shells land in the radius, rather than on the spot, but the pattern is random and probably has a few different choices. Experiment a little with it, click on the target you want, then zoom in and see where they land. I think after a few tries, you will see a good rule-of-thumb, of where to aim.
              It hits the water because of the distance. The farther away the arty guns are from the target, the farther off target they will be when placing the artillery.

Comment

hmm actually the location of where the arty his is also based on where the arty is firing from because unlike before where it just randomly appears from the sky, now its actually angled....just think of it like the noob tube...if you are behind a big container...you can hide behind it =)

Comment

no its a strange system and lands in diffrent spots nomatter where you launch it from.

Comment

Working...
                  X