Battlefield Stuttering and Locking Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield Stuttering and Locking Up

For some reason lately BF2 has been stuttering a lot and freezing up causing me to restart. I've tested other games such as CS,BF1942,BFV, all steam games and none of them do that. What could it be?

My system Specs:
    AMD Athlon XP 2800+
    1 gig of RAM (just got this a couple of days ago btw)
    160GB WD HD
    400W PSU
    Geforce 6600 256MB with 94.24 drivers aka the latest ones

Also some extra stuff for people say that it might be a heat issue is that my cover is off and I have a fan blowing inside.

Re: Battlefield Stuttering and Locking Up

First off, try the stuff on this page: http://bf2lag.com

First off, I recommend you disconnect your computer, take the box outside and use some can-o-air from Radio Shack to blow the dust out of every nook and cranny. Now, about the cover being off... to properly cool your computer, you need air circulation, front to back. Some properly placed fans with the cover on with create the proper airflow to cool off everything. Just having the cover off with the fan blowing on it may not be giving everything a proper cool down.

If you're up for a project, perhaps a new case is the thing, such as the Antec Nine Hundred. It's a great case with lots of fan that'll keep that puppy running cool!

Comment

Re: Battlefield Stuttering and Locking Up

id say its mostly due to your system's age... another gig of ram and a new 7 series agp card would fix things... if you got $1000 for a new comp you can build a bitchin core2duo system thanks to crazy low cpu and ram prices

Comment

Working...
      X