Switching Between BF2 and SF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switching Between BF2 and SF

Does any one else find it extremely irritating, that whilst playing or merely checking out SF servers, if you then click on a regular BF2 server, you have to quit the game and reload BF2? I dont even bother loading up SF, because I know that if there isnt any decent servers on offer, I have to reload again.

Re: Switching Between BF3 and SF

it sucks, it should be more integrated

Comment

not much of a hassle

Comment

That extra 45 seconds of reloading is the most inconvenient occurrence a human can go through.

Comment

Its more like 90 seconds, the game has to load and then you connect to the server. The time relative to life is irrelevant, it simply shouldnt operate this way.

Comment

Originally posted by NateDawg=US= View Post
            That extra 45 seconds of reloading is the most inconvenient occurrence a human can go through.
            A prostate exam is probably a close second.

"We're all very different people. We're not Watusi. We're not Spartans. We're Americans, with a capital 'A', huh? You know what that means? Do ya? That means that our forefathers were kicked out of every decent country in the world. We are the wretched refuse. We're the underdog. We're mutts! Here's proof: his nose is cold! But there's no animal that's more faithful, that's more loyal, more loveable than the mutt." -John Winger (Bill Murray) Stripes

Comment

Well, at least you don't have to close down the program, put in the SF disk, and then start it up all over again. But yeah it is a pain to have to wait, what, a minute? WOW! a minute!!

The reasoning behind it, I suppose, is because you have to pay for SF. And that its listed as a BF2 mod. So like any other mod you have to switch to it.

Comment

Man, I need to go out and buy BF3. :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by DunkinSPE View Post
                  A prostate exam is probably a close second.

Yeah it sure is, especially if doc has 2 cold hands on your shoulder while he's doin exam:cry:

BTW, i have 1 disk where i bought the complete editon & when in multiplayer i have red & green 2's & if i start up the bf2 red, & hit a green (sf) server then it just shuts down & reloads automatically for me. guess i save 10seconds on not having to switch a disk , but the wait is still irritating, my life is over now that i realize this.... :nod:

Comment

It sounds like you just need to upgrade some components of your PC.

What are your current specs?

I use the SF Disc 1 to play all of the BF2's. Vanilla, AF, EF, and SF of course. It only takes a second to switch between each of the versions.

Comment

Originally posted by Berrent View Post
                      Man, I need to go out and buy BF3. :laugh:
                      yea man, same here

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx19 View Post
                        Does any one else find it extremely irritating, that whilst playing or merely checking out SF servers, if you then click on a regular BF2 server, you have to quit the game and reload BF2? I dont even bother loading up SF, because I know that if there isnt any decent servers on offer, I have to reload again.
                        I don't know what you define as "decent server", but I have about a dozen that I play regularly - based in both the US and in Europe that play extremely well.

As far as the switch is concerned, in reality it takes a minute or less to do this. Is that really that big of a deal - go to the head, grab a beer, etc.

Or better yet, go take your HDAD meds.

Comment

Originally posted by NateDawg=US= View Post
                          Its longer then that.

Comment

Originally posted by AncientSerpent3 View Post
                            It sounds like you just need to upgrade some components of your PC.

What are your current specs?

I use the SF Disc 1 to play all of the BF2's. Vanilla, AF, EF, and SF of course. It only takes a second to switch between each of the versions.
                            I've got the same problem too... 1gb of RAM, 3.41 P4 HT... ATI Radeon X800 256MB.

Comment

Originally posted by opc_tim View Post
                              Yeah it sure is, especially if doc has 2 cold hands on your shoulder while he's doin exam:cry:
                              OMG... hilarious!

Regarding the OP...

Solution: don't play SF .
                              It's just my opinion about SF. The voices annoy me to death.

Comment

Working...
                              X