jet flares not working at all?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jet flares not working at all?

I can usually avoid a J-10's onslaught of missiles with flares pretty easily.

But I've had my jets flares not work at all in a couple servers...I mean they pop, but missiles will not track them, I don't know why this is...maybe a bug?

This time my opponent(J-10) had like a 15 ping! And no matter what I did, how I flared, the first 2 missiles always hit!

Anyone else ever experience this?

Re: jet flares not working at all?

Same experience here, very low pingers will always get a hit regardless of flares.

Comment

Deploying flares themselves won't save you, it's what you do after that also counts. If you simply release them and execute a hard turn, your flares will have less chance of distracting the incoming missiles and radar from your opponent. Then there are those times where the missiles do hit regardless of how you deployed your flares - just luck: there's never "always" or "everytime" in Battlefield 2.

I don't think it's a bug.

Comment

i feel like flares should at least take the lock off of you for a few seconds, but yeah sometimes i notice (in the f35b) that my lock never breaks (or it does for a split second) whenever i deploy flares

Comment

If you just fly strait and deploy flares missiles will fly strait trough them and relock on your jet. If he fired all 6 of his missiles the last ones could mantain the lock while the first one relocked on you,so you would hear a clear tone all the time.

Comment

Flares never work if the jet behind is far away from you.
            Flares are only any good if the jet is right behind you...like 50-70M.

Comment

they work for me in jets but choppers.................man they are driving me crazy

Comment

What I do is I watch behind me when a jet is on my *** and then when I see missiles come towards my jet I let the flares go and occasionally they opposing jet will let all his missiles out thinking I have no flares and they will have to either gun me down with the MG or refuel on missiles.

Comment

I love the ****y sobs who deploy two missiles and break off...only to never see a kill message.

Comment

It seems as if when you're in afterburn as you deploy flares, the missiles like the extra heat coming from the afterburner...something to keep in mind.

Comment

How do avoid j10 missles with or without flares?
                      when I fly the j10 I ignore flares and so do my missles....works every time.

Comment

Originally posted by PrototypeJC View Post
                        I love the ****y sobs who deploy two missiles and break off...only to never see a kill message.
                        If your shooting at an F35 you only need two missiles...

Comment

Originally posted by waaah_wah View Post
                          If your skilled, then nope

You need 3

Originally posted by waaah_wah View Post
                          If hes skilled, then nope

You need 3

Comment

Originally posted by yUP|Patriots View Post
                            Same experience here, very low pingers will always get a hit regardless of flares.

yup. low ping= you are god

Comment

Low ping in a J-10 = 33-0 K/D per round.

Comment

Working...
                              X