Gun With Longest Distance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gun With Longest Distance

What gun has the longest distance? And i'm talking about guns you have in the kits.

Re: Gun With Longest Distance

I think all guns have equal distance, assuming all of them have equal bullet time. If it has to be the longest effective distance, sniper rifles of course

Comment

^^Im pretty sure most bullets sont go on for ever in bf2

Comment

Ok. Thank you.

Comment

L96A1 or M95 methinks.

Comment

snipers can zoom farther, and can see target farther away i think

Comment

I think the longest shot was 570 M or so on dailian plant, with the l96a1

Comment

L96a1

Comment

i think the PR devs found that the bullets die out eventually after a few hundred meters. and btw there is bullet drop

Comment

Originally posted by ConscriptVirus View Post
                    i think the PR devs found that the bullets die out eventually after a few hundred meters. and btw there is bullet drop

They don't? I think bullet drop kills them.

I really hate fixed range in games, if you have CS try sniping on surf_10x and you'll see what I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Tasty View Post
                      I think the longest shot was 570 M or so on dailian plant, with the l96a1

596M is the BF2 world record on wake and is held by one of the wookies.
                      I think it was wookie dont be an ***. but not sure.

Comment

If you read the weapon stats for all weapons at BF2s or elsewhere you'll see that all weapons fall into 2 categories. Ones that have a range of 500, and ones that have a range of 1000.

that should answer your question.

Bullet drop: there is bullet drop in the game. However this bullet drop is so extremely minor that in all regular maps with their fog and the scope view of your gun you never have to compensate for the bullet drop. The ONLY guns that you would actually see the bullet drop with are the sniper rifles. Even then you still don't need to compensate for bullet drop because because if your enemy is so far that you would have to compensate for bullet drop then you won't see him at all. M95 has the highest bullet drop. you might barely notice this one on some maps.

I play in BF2Combat and in their MOD the sniper rifles have 3 levels of zoom. 5x, 10x, 20x. At 20x you will really see the bullet drop and you have to aim almost a whole meter above your target when the enemy is some 400 meters away. In regular BF2 you can forget about bullet drop.

Comment

Originally posted by SARCONTRACTKILL
                          596M is the BF2 world record on wake and is held by one of the wookies.
                          I think it was wookie dont be an ***. but not sure.
                          please, im sure if we had the time, we could stage a longer shot. people have shot the jets off the carrier in wake suing a tank, all it takes is 2 people, a lot of practice and im sure you could see 800m+ shots

Comment

Working...
                          X