How to get started with BF2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get started with BF2

I'm buidling a new PC (primarily to play BF2 and other FPS'ers)

I've only seen a friend play the game and was wondering what is the best way to start quick?

I know there are 2 hardcopy manuals available at Amazon...and plenty of online forums.

Do I just jump in and go for it?

Thanks.

Re: How to get started with BF2

use google..... u can find endless guides and info

Comment

Youtube has some good tutorial videos too...but yes...hop in there and go for it!

Comment

what are the new pc's specs gunna be?

Comment

try single player, u will get killed alot less and can learn all the controls

Comment

Originally posted by wolverine77

Thanks....

specs...Dell 2407WFP driven by E6600 and single 8800GTX

Comment

Yer play a few rounds of singlepayer and play with your settings then try online

Comment

And you def won't be held back gfx wise

*When I started, I actually jumped right online....

Comment

Originally posted by wolverine77
                  Don't be alarmed if you find yourself going from 50/0 (K/D ratio) in singleplayer to 0/50 (K/D Ratio) in multiplayer. You may think its absolutely impossible to kill anyone but you soon get used to it.

Biggest piece of advice is, when getting shot, dive to the ground. You get better accuracy and there is less area for you to be hit.

Comment

Don't start on single... it's totally diff than mp... that's my piece of adv.

Comment

BF2 is like UT2004, but with more problem, more real, hacks and etc.
                      But overall, the game is good.
                      Just find from some guides around the net, they are all over the place.

Comment

singleplayer to learn control, multiplayer to learn everything else lol

Comment

do u have the game yet? i would just download the demo, install, and get into a server. the demo is slightly different that the current game but i feel like in all my years of bf2, i never had a crash problem with the demo.plus gulf of oman is a very good all around map. u have tanks, jets, bombers, good close quarters figthing in the beach flags, and it also looks purty compared to karkand and some other maps

Comment

One more bit of helpful info, Join a "working" squad and try to follow the squad leader and squad members around. You dont want to be the leader, first guy in the line of squad members who are running around the map. Being second or third will work. Oh and dont forget to drop by this forum from time to time, we like fresh meat. . . . . .er. . . . .new people. LOL. . . . . . .Red

Comment

i got dibs on the one with the silver spoon up is ***

Comment

Working...
                              X