BF2 Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 Suggestions

Here are some BF2 Suggestions. These are just some ideas I had and it would be great if dice added them in.

Map Features:
    1. Dynamic Maps - Choose weather, day/night/, winds, etc.
    2. More Triggering Events - A bit more triggering events(there are about 3 maps in special forces that have triggering events.
    3. Destructable Terrains - Houses could be destroyed, craters left in the sand due to explosions, foot prints in sand/soil, etc.

Gameplay Features:
    1. Impersonation Uniforms - Somewhere on the map there a very small amount of the enemy's uniforms and you could use them, however it only lasts 5 minutes and you can't pull out a weapon unless you take it off.
    2. Commander Building - A commander building would be a small building with built-in weapons and have a computer showing enemy locations.
    3. Extra Weapon Storage - Soldiers could pick up more weapons on the ground from other kits in addition to the kit they have. However, they would walk slower.
    4. More Weapon Unlocks - More weapon unlocks would be more fun.

Game Modes:

1. Last Team Standing - There are no flags, you can't come back once you are dead, and the last person standing from whatever team wins for their team
    2. Zombie Mode - There is a zombie in the game where it's like conquest mode. However, one player starts as a zombie(zombie don't use weapons) and must infect other players. The infected player turns into a zombie too and has to infect other players. Zombies gain points for infecting other players and cannot be killed.
    3. Protect Your country mode - The AI players are pedestrians and the real players are soldiers. You have to protect your pedestrians from the enemy soldiers. The team that has the last pedestrian left wins!
    4. Corporate Building Mode - Each team has a corporate building they need to protect. At the top of the building is the flag. However, the terminals(computers) need to be destroyed to access more floors of the building. The team who gets manages to capture the enemy's flag wins. This is similar to the titan mode in BF2142
    5. Weapon Acquire Mode - Soldiers have to acquire weapons(kits) by looking through the terrain. All soldiers have a knife that doesn't need to be acquired though. You have to capture all the flags on the map or wait till the enemy tickets run out.
    6. Nuclear Weapon retrieval mode - Each team has a nuclear weapon. You have to get your enemy's nuclear weapon(you can hide it on the map) and bring it back to your base.

--------------------------------------

I have to go, but if you have any more suggestions post them and give me feedback! :salute:

Re: BF2 Suggestions

Originally posted by Haku View Post
    Here are some BF2 Suggestions. These are just some ideas I had and it would be great if dice added them in.

Map Features:
    1. Dynamic Maps - Choose weather, day/night/, winds, etc.
    2. More Triggering Events - A bit more triggering events(there are about 3 maps in special forces that have triggering events.
    3. Destructable Terrains - Houses could be destroyed, craters left in the sand due to explosions, foot prints in sand/soil, etc.
    This would push system requirements through the roof, although it would be nice i would rather not have to fork out more money for extra RAM etc just to play it in the same detail that i do now.

Comment

Yea, nice idea, but you would be having to run a pretty up range rig to run it smoothly which would annoy the hordes of people with laptops who play on minimum graphics.

Comment

I just want one thing, one small small thing.

A cookie to anybody who guesses!!

Comment

Id like to see some of the SF maps in the main BF2 game because theres not many people on the SF servers.

Comment

Thank you for all the feedback so far. Keep up the discussion.

- Haku

Comment

Gameplay Features:
              1. Impersonation Uniforms - Somewhere on the map there a very small amount of the enemy's uniforms and you could use them, however it only lasts 5 minutes and you can't pull out a weapon unless you take it off.
              2. Commander Building - A commander building would be a small building with built-in weapons and have a computer showing enemy locations.
              3. Extra Weapon Storage - Soldiers could pick up more weapons on the ground from other kits in addition to the kit they have. However, they would walk slower.
              4. More Weapon Unlocks - More weapon unlocks would be more fun.

Game Modes:

1. Last Team Standing - There are no flags, you can't come back once you are dead, and the last person standing from whatever team wins for their team
              2. Zombie Mode - There is a zombie in the game where it's like conquest mode. However, one player starts as a zombie(zombie don't use weapons) and must infect other players. The infected player turns into a zombie too and has to infect other players. Zombies gain points for infecting other players and cannot be killed.
              3. Protect Your country mode - The AI players are pedestrians and the real players are soldiers. You have to protect your pedestrians from the enemy soldiers. The team that has the last pedestrian left wins!
              4. Corporate Building Mode - Each team has a corporate building they need to protect. At the top of the building is the flag. However, the terminals(computers) need to be destroyed to access more floors of the building. The team who gets manages to capture the enemy's flag wins. This is similar to the titan mode in BF2142
              5. Weapon Acquire Mode - Soldiers have to acquire weapons(kits) by looking through the terrain. All soldiers have a knife that doesn't need to be acquired though. You have to capture all the flags on the map or wait till the enemy tickets run out.
              6. Nuclear Weapon retrieval mode - Each team has a nuclear weapon. You have to get your enemy's nuclear weapon(you can hide it on the map) and bring it back to your base.

--------------------------------------

I have to go, but if you have any more suggestions post them and give me feedback! :salute:
              go back to CSS, this is BF2

Comment

Thank you for all the feedback so far. Keep up the discussion.
                Seconded. Some interesting ideas there Haku, I'll keep an eye on this thread and pass on the more popular suggestions. That's definitely no guarantee they'll turn up in a future game but we're always interested hearing player thoughts on where it might be good to take future DICE titles.

Comment

3. Destructable Terrains - Houses could be destroyed
                  Play the Project reality mod.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Tasty View Post
                    Play the Project reality mod.
                    not much can be destroyed.

Comment

Like every other old suggtion thread about what needs to be put in BF2, Nope of it with be put in.
                      Grunted! Why I know? cuz after playing this game for 2 years stright, reading over about 10,000 threads on either how bad EA/Dice is, Why things suck in BF2, What should we have in BF2, and etc, Nothing in any of these threads change any of EA/DICE's mind or ideas on what new things need to be put in the game, either good or bad.

Comment

Etra weapon storge..bad I dea, I can see it now, a medic whore with a sniper rifle and a g36e

I would like to suggest a deeper squad order system that allows you to divide your squad into groups and then it would work like the commander system, only the group leader can hear the squad leader, but Squad leader can move you in or out of groups, you can give orders like "fire on this sector" then the players in that group would see a circle/oval surrounding the area squad leader has ordered them to fire one, The types of orders avail be to give varies base on what kind of kits your squad mates are wielding "fire SRAW on this position" "I need a sniper on this target" "m203 here" "mines here" clays here" "c4 here". And the squad leader should be able to put up an icon showing what Kind of kit he wants you to use, of course you can choose whether or not to sue it...now that I think of it...this sounds like something to be put into project reality because Only clan match players would use this system to it's fullest due to their intense teamwork.

And instead of firing a big arty strike the commander should get a certain amount of rounds to fire before a 5 minute reload, but the amount of round does not make it more or less accurate, so we don’t have uber precise arty rounds taking out individual troops.
                        This way multiple squad can request a certain amount of rounds in a certain area, but once again it does NOT become more accurate if you use less rounds and there is a limit, the limit being the amount of arty rounds fired in the current arty strikes.

Comment

Originally posted by Bradley View Post
                          I just want one thing, one small small thing.

A cookie to anybody who guesses!!
                          Lemme guess, M16A4?

I want my cookie now

Originally posted by alex98uk View Post
                          Yea, nice idea, but you would be having to run a pretty up range rig to run it smoothly which would annoy the hordes of people with laptops who play on minimum graphics.
                          Thats me :laugh:

Ouch, the truth hurts.

Comment

Originally posted by Sentience View Post
                            Seconded. Some interesting ideas there Haku, I'll keep an eye on this thread and pass on the more popular suggestions. That's definitely no guarantee they'll turn up in a future game but we're always interested hearing player thoughts on where it might be good to take future DICE titles.
                            Thank you. I really appreciate it. It would be nice to see a suggestion implemented by a customer's suggestions. DICE should really listen to a customer's suggestions(the reasonable ones). It's really dissapointing when a company doesn't implement suggestions other than their own.
                            Originally posted by Eye_of_god View Post
                            Like every other old suggtion thread about what needs to be put in BF2, Nope of it with be put in.
                            Grunted! Why I know? cuz after playing this game for 2 years stright, reading over about 10,000 threads on either how bad EA/Dice is, Why things suck in BF2, What should we have in BF2, and etc, Nothing in any of these threads change any of EA/DICE's mind or ideas on what new things need to be put in the game, either good or bad.
                            Yeah, you're probally right. But, at least I tried. And it's still interesting discussing these ideas.

Originally posted by eddyeddyd View Post
                            Etra weapon storge..bad I dea, I can see it now, a medic whore with a sniper rifle and a g36e

I would like to suggest a deeper squad order system that allows you to divide your squad into groups and then it would work like the commander system, only the group leader can hear the squad leader, but Squad leader can move you in or out of groups, you can give orders like "fire on this sector" then the players in that group would see a circle/oval surrounding the area squad leader has ordered them to fire one, The types of orders avail be to give varies base on what kind of kits your squad mates are wielding "fire SRAW on this position" "I need a sniper on this target" "m203 here" "mines here" clays here" "c4 here". And the squad leader should be able to put up an icon showing what Kind of kit he wants you to use, of course you can choose whether or not to sue it...now that I think of it...this sounds like something to be put into project reality because Only clan match players would use this system to it's fullest due to their intense teamwork.

And instead of firing a big arty strike the commander should get a certain amount of rounds to fire before a 5 minute reload, but the amount of round does not make it more or less accurate, so we don’t have uber precise arty rounds taking out individual troops.
                            This way multiple squad can request a certain amount of rounds in a certain area, but once again it does NOT become more accurate if you use less rounds and there is a limit, the limit being the amount of arty rounds fired in the current arty strikes.
                            Hm, you're right about the extra weapon storage idea. And you have some really awesome and interesting suggestions. Thank you for the feedback.
                            Originally posted by eye8urkids
                            Lemme guess, M16A4?

I want my cookie now

Thats me :laugh:

Ouch, the truth hurts.
                            ?

Comment

Thank you. I really appreciate it. It would be nice to see a suggestion implemented by a customer's suggestions. DICE should really listen to a customer's suggestions(the reasonable ones). It's really dissapointing when a company doesn't implement suggestions other than their own.

Yeah, you're probally right. But, at least I tried. And it's still interesting discussing these ideas.

Hm, you're right about the extra weapon storage idea. And you have some really awesome and interesting suggestions. Thank you for the feedback.

?

I'm pretty sure Bradley wanted the M16A4. I think I read that in another thread. And he said he would give a cookie to anyone who guessed so I want my cookie. And I play on a laptop on almost all minimum settings so I can't handle intense graphics. That's why the truth hurts.

Comment

Working...
                              X