punkbuster problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• punkbuster problem

i got banned from a server for swearing and normaly the ban is for a couple of games but this ban has been going on and off now for 5 days . some times i get in but as soon as i log out i get banned again . its like as soon as i leave after being alowed back in it thinks iv done something wrong again . asked the admin and they say its punkbuster . getting realy mad at it now please hewlp me .

thanks 312_boom_headshot

Re: punkbuster problem

They're lying to you. Punkbuster does not, and likely never will kick for language. Any and all language kicks are either automatically via BF2CC or a script, or manually by an admin in game.

Check if the clan server you were on has a clan website and take it up there. If not, time to find a new server.

Comment

it must be punkbuster becuase both times iv been kicked it says banning ....name.... for swearing . it is on version 1.01 would that ake a differnce . its the best server dont want a new one lol . thanks for reply

Comment

it must be punkbuster
        No it isn't. It is a single server ban only (unless the clan/whatever has more than one and added your name to all of them), you can still join any other server out there. Go here and read,

and you will learn that it is NOT a Punkbuster ban. The only Punkbuster bans are GUID (need a new cd-key for that particular game) and hardware (need a new computer to play any PB enabled games, not just the one that got you the hardware ban). Anything other than those two bans are from either the server itself, or one of the anti-cheat groups (PBBans, Punksbusted, etc).

Comment

ok , thanks for the help very useful and much appriciated .

thanks 321_boom_headshot

Comment

Have you ever used the name "BOOM_HEADSHOT_04"?

Comment

Originally posted by GrössKopf View Post
              Have you ever used the name "BOOM_HEADSHOT_04"?
              I can see where this is going.

People, prepare your torches and pitch forks. we are going on a hacker hunt!!!

Comment

Originally posted by alex98uk
                I can see where this is going.

People, prepare your torches and pitch forks. we are going on a hacker hunt!!!
                His name is just similar to someone else that was caught cheating. Just wondering if that was him. The one name that I found that was close to his was something like boomheadshot321, so I'm sure that's him. That one is clean.

Comment

no it wasent me iv only got one name but i did come aross a boomheadshot321 once which was strange

Comment

Er, well... anyway. You may be getting kicked by PunkBuster, but it's not actually PunkBuster that banned you. An admin on the server you were on (or BF2CC's auto-admin function) banned you for your language. On most servers, BF2CC's kicks and bans are initiated using PunkBuster, so that you get a better kick message or log or something like that.

Short and sweet.. it's not PB that banned you, it's the server admin/auto-admin.

Comment

Working...
                    X